Kalamazoo Christian Elementary & Middle Schools
5.00 (1 review)
- The Kalamazoo Christian Schools, in partnership with Christian families and churches, prepare students to serve God responsibly in His world, by equipping them with knowledge, skills, and a biblical vision for life, for the advancement of His kingdom.
- KCSA schools are established and operated by Christian families in obedience to God's command to "nurture your children in the ways of the Lord." We believe God instituted the family giving parents primary decision making and responsibility for a child's instruction so that His promise of redemption would be passed throughout the generations.
- Our educational aim is to place God at the center of all that we do and teach.
- The whole child is educated to be Christian in all the God-created aspects of his/her life; spiritual, mental, physical, social, and emotional.
- As a child learns each must come to know, to enjoy, and to serve God according to his/her God-given abilities.
- Each child is guided to explore all of the various dimensions of God's creation from a Christian perspective.
- It is this all-encompassing Christian perspective - or 'world and life view' - that K Christian seeks to create and nurture.
- Though the historic roots of Kalamazoo Christian Schools lie with the Reformed and Christian Reformed churches in the area, today the Kalamazoo Christian Schools serve a wide spectrum of Christian churches with well over one hundred congregations represented.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Christian Schools International (CSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||660 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 17%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||22:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||22 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition table available on the KCSA website|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,000|
|Admissions Director||Kathy Bartels|
|Admissions Associate||Connie VanDerSlik|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- KalamazooGrades: PK-12 | 207 students
6312 Quail Run Drive
Kalamazoo, MI 49009
- PortageGrades: PK-8 | 180 students
4221 E Milham Ave
Portage, MI 49002
Kalamazoo Christian Schools are wonderful. Integration of Christian principles and life application. Academically excellent. I recommend this school on every level. You will not be disappointed.
- Posted by Parent - jmbaa
Nearby Homes for Sale
March 01, 2018
Shootings, terrorist attacks, tornadoes, floods, earthquakes, fire, and more are sadly commonplace happenings in the 21st-century. How prepared for the unthinkable is your school?
February 21, 2018
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
February 19, 2018
Think of the school search process as a series of checkpoints, each of which has a due date. We show you when to do the various items in the search process.