- Kerr-Vance Academy was founded in 1968 as Vance Academy. It is an independent, non-sectarian, co-educational college preparatory day school.
- We, the faculty, administrators, and Board of Trustees strive to provide, for students of Kerr Vance Academy, an intensive liberal arts, college preparatory program in an atmosphere where ethical values are stressed.
- We endeavor to instill concern in each student for the welfare of his community, country, and world.
- We strive to recognize the individual differences and needs of our students and to guide every student toward intellectual excellence and good character.
- We strive to foster intellectual curiosity, physical development, creativity, and social and moral values.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||279 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||39 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Henderson Grades: PK-12 | 251 students
583 Old County Home Road
Henderson, NC 27537
(252) 431-1333 3.8 PK-12
- Durham Grades: K-12 | 134 students
809 Proctor St
Durham, NC 27707
(919) 688-3040 33.2 K-12
- Durham Grades: PK-12 | 1229 students
3501 Ridge Road
Durham, NC 27705
(919) 493-5787 36.2 PK-12