King's Gate Christian School
- It is our mission to take the love of Jesus Christ to the community by partnering with families to equip the whole student for their individual calling through a rich, experiential education.
- We know that our students have been created by GOD with a unique purpose and calling. Our job is to help children recognize that purpose and calling, then empower them to walk in it.
- We believe education begins with the curiosity of the learner. Hands-on and project -based learning strategies are used to engage students in authentic problem-solving and critical thinking tasks.Our strong core curriculum consists of a comprehensive approach that incorporate a unique science program, robust social studies, Bible, art, music, Spanish, physical education technology.
- Our program of inquiry includes STE[a]M education science, technology, engineering and math, plus the arts. This is a modern ideal which emphasizes the value of the learning process as much as the results. We encourage our students to experiment and test their own theories, to build on prior knowledge and to collaborate with their peers. We encourage play, invention and open-ended exploration to empower our students for their GOD given- purpose.
- We incorporate technology including Smartboards in all classrooms. Chromebooks are used as tools to improve learning and increase instructional time. Students use technology to make their learning experience relevant and individualized. Students create documents, slides, movies, and know that information is at their fingertips. Technology is utilized by each and every student.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Other religious school association(s)
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-7|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Student support plans (IEP) are created with parents to determine the appropriate partnerships needed.|
|Total Students||245 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||31 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,000|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies by grade|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Dove Dance, Patriot Football, Science Club
Arts and Music Programs:
- For more details about admission and tuition, please visit our website at: www.kingsgateschool.com
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Oklahoma City Grades: NS-12 | 930 students
1800 NW 122nd Street
Oklahoma City, OK 73120
(405)749-3001 0.9 NS-12
- Oklahoma City Grades: NS-12 | 1112 students
14400 N Portland Ave
Oklahoma City, OK 73134
(405)842-8495 2.1 NS-12
- Norman Grades: PK-5 | 77 students
606 S Santa Fe Avenue
Norman, OK 73069
(405)321-1275 26.8 PK-5
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.