Kohala Adventist School
Tel: (808) 889-5646
- Kohala Adventist School is a private Christian campus in Hawi, on the Big Island of Hawaii.
- Part of a tight-knit community, the school is known for its hands-on, quality academics in a helpful, attentive learning environment.
- Kohala Adventist School offers an affordable private education option for families in the Hawi and Kapa'au area.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||General Conference of the Seventh Day Adventist Church (GCSDAC)|
State or regional independent school association
|Religious Affiliation||Seventh Day Adventist|
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-8|
|Total Students||21 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 72%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||1 teacher|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- Kohala Mission School was started from humble beginnings in 1975 and has grown to an enrollment of 46 students in grades K-8. It is a true mission school operating 3 classrooms with 3 teachers and an aide/bus driver. The tuition is kept low and the student's expenses are subsidized so that many may attend and obtain a high quality Christian education. Kohala Mission School is a fully accredited K-8 elementary school. Here the focus is on academic excellence and Christian values. KMS is dedicated to encouraging and enabling each student to reach for personal excellence. Kohala Mission School has been serving today's keiki since and continues to offer a quality, private school, Christian education at an affordable price.
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Kamuela Grades: K-12 | 642 students
65-1692 Kohala Mountain Rd
Kamuela, HI 96743
(808) 881-4321 17 K-12
- Kamuela Grades: K-6 | 48 students
65-1237 Kawaihae Rd
Kamuela, HI 96743
(808) 885-0067 18.3 K-6
- Kailua Kona Grades: K-12 | 135 students
74-4966 Kealakaa Street
Kailua Kona, HI 96740
(808) 326-9866 40 K-12
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.