Kohala Adventist School is a private Christian campus in Hawi, on the Big Island of Hawaii.
Part of a tight-knit community, the school is known for its hands-on, quality academics in a helpful, attentive learning environment.
Kohala Adventist School offers an affordable private education option for families in the Hawi and Kapa'au area.
- Grades: 5-8
- Enrollment: 15 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 74%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
- Kohala Mission School was started from humble beginnings in 1975 and has grown to an enrollment of 46 students in grades K-8. It is a true mission school operating 3 classrooms with 3 teachers and an aide/bus driver. The tuition is kept low and the student's expenses are subsidized so that many may attend and obtain a high quality Christian education. Kohala Mission School is a fully accredited K-8 elementary school. Here the focus is on academic excellence and Christian values. KMS is dedicated to encouraging and enabling each student to reach for personal excellence. Kohala Mission School has been serving today's keiki since and continues to offer a quality, private school, Christian education at an affordable price.
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
When is the application deadline for Kohala Adventist School?
The application deadline for Kohala Adventist School is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse Kohala Adventist School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Secrets to Becoming a Great School
Discover the essential ingredients that drive academic success and cultivate a thriving school community.
Keep track of application deadlines as well as all the other aspects of choosing a school.
Making Social Media Work for Your School
An introduction to using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest to promote your school.