- Kolbe Academy was founded in 1980 by three families who experienced first-hand the rapid decline of the public school system and the weakening of the parochial schools.
- The founders anticipated the need to form young Catholic citizens who could effectively defend their Faith through a thorough understanding of doctrine and regular reception of the Sacraments.
- They also foresaw the growing need for better, more individualized and intensive instruction in basic education.
- With a focus on providing an education that is Ignatian in Method, Classical in Content and Loyal to the Magisterium in a small-class size environment or at home, Kolbe Academy continues to thrive.
- At Kolbe Academy, our goal is to develop the whole person mind, body and soul to form effective agents for Christ in the world.
- To develop the mind to its fullest potential, we use the Ignatian Method, which focuses on training the memory, understanding and will with a goal of being able to speak, write and act well.
- Especially in high school, we utilize a classical, literature-based curriculum, which elevates the mind and soul by studying the great works of Western civilization.
- We stand by high educational standards by expecting the best and always encouraging excellence there is no grade inflation at Kolbe.
- Finally, we emphasize public speaking, as we must be able to communicate effectively to win souls for Christ.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-12|
|Total Students||40 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Napa Grades: PK-12 | 114 students
2055 Redwood Rd.
Napa, CA 94558
(707)258-9030 1.2 PK-12
- Napa Grades: K-12 | 125 students
2201 Pine St
Napa, CA 94559
(707)255-5233 1 K-12
- Angwin Grades: 9-12 | 87 students
One Angwin Ave.
Angwin, CA 94508
(707)200-2648 19.8 9-12
Private school tuition seems to go nowhere but up. We look at some of the reasons why and offer the opinion that a private school education is still good value.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.