- Kolbe Academy was founded in 1980 by three families who experienced first-hand the rapid decline of the public school system and the weakening of the parochial schools.
- The founders anticipated the need to form young Catholic citizens who could effectively defend their Faith through a thorough understanding of doctrine and regular reception of the Sacraments.
- They also foresaw the growing need for better, more individualized and intensive instruction in basic education.
- With a focus on providing an education that is Ignatian in Method, Classical in Content and Loyal to the Magisterium in a small-class size environment or at home, Kolbe Academy continues to thrive.
- At Kolbe Academy, our goal is to develop the whole person mind, body and soul to form effective agents for Christ in the world.
- To develop the mind to its fullest potential, we use the Ignatian Method, which focuses on training the memory, understanding and will with a goal of being able to speak, write and act well.
- Especially in high school, we utilize a classical, literature-based curriculum, which elevates the mind and soul by studying the great works of Western civilization.
- We stand by high educational standards by expecting the best and always encouraging excellence there is no grade inflation at Kolbe.
- Finally, we emphasize public speaking, as we must be able to communicate effectively to win souls for Christ.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-12|
|Total Students||40 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Napa Grades: PK-12 | 114 students
2055 Redwood Rd.
Napa, CA 94558
(707)258-9030 1.2 PK-12
- Napa Grades: K-12 | 125 students
2201 Pine St
Napa, CA 94559
(707)255-5233 1 K-12
- Angwin Grades: 9-12 | 87 students
One Angwin Ave.
Angwin, CA 94508
(707)200-2648 19.8 9-12
Teaching gifted children requires deft handling. These children need intellectual and sensory stimulation. But they also need guidance and careful nurturing so that they grow up handling their special gifts and themselves appropriately.
Strategic planning is a disciplined effort to produce fundamental decisions and actions that shape and guide what an organization is, what it does, and why it does it, with a focus on the future.
Getting your child into a competitive school is a tough assignment. Don't let the many challenges overwhelm you. There is a simple solution.