La Reina High School
5.00 (8 reviews)
Tel: (805) 495-6494
- La Reina High School is dedicated to providing a Catholic education, which strives to help every student realize her worth and find her place in God's plan.
- In the spirit of the Gospel, and according to the educational principles of the Sisters of Notre Dame, La Reina helps each young woman discover, develop, and share the unique gifts God has given her.
- As a Notre Dame school that proclaims God's goodness, La Reina teaches the message of Christ, develops community and family spirit, and reaches out to those in need, both locally and universally.
- The curriculum is designed to prepare each student for a college education.
- It reflects the values of a traditional and classical education, and recognizes the demands of a technological world.
- La Reina helps students develop a global perspective, motivates their intellectual pursuits, nurtures their sensitivity and creativity, fosters their physical development, and prepares leaders who further goodness and justice in society.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2013|
|Total Students||407 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 45%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||24 students|
|Number of AP Courses||17 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Art History, Calculus, English Composition, English Literature, European History, Government, Macro Economics, Physics, Spanish, U.S. History, Biology, French, Psychology, Statistics, Studio Art 2D, Studio Art 3D, Studio Art Drawing|
|Average SAT score||1310|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$12,600|
|Tuition Notes||Monthly, quarterly, semester and annual payment plans available. Tuition does not include the non-refundable application fee of $100, non-refundable registration fee of $800, a non-refundable technology fee of $400, books, uniforms, etc.|
|Admissions Director||Sr. Rebekah Kennedy|
|Admissions Associate||Jennifer Cohen|
|Total Sports Offered||13 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Equestrian, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Cross Country, Dance,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||27 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art, Campus, Cooking, Creative, Culture, Dance, French, Future, Girls, God, Human, Literary, Mathletes, Mock, Model, Mouse, Political, Queen's, Regent, Regents, Robotics, Service, Spanish, Speech, Student, The, Yearbook|
- All four 2014 fall sports went undefeated and claimed CIF League Championships (Golf, Tennis, Cross Country & Volleyball)
- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 Mock Trial County and State Champions
- 2011 and 2012 Mock Trial World Champions
- More than 50% of all sophomores, juniors, and seniors take an AP course
- Average AP pass-rate for 2014 was 93%
- All high school level courses and electives are approved by the University of California
- All graduates of La Reina meet the University of California's entry requirements
- Vex Robotics State Champions
- La Reina students donated over 15.000 Christian Service hours last year
- Over $6.5M in college or university scholarships were offered to the graduates of the Class of 2014
- The average SAT score for La Reina High School's Class of 2014 was 1747 (261 points above national average for girls)
- 100% of La Reina's graduates are accepted to college
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Thousand Oaks Grades: PK-12 | 254 students
384 Erbes Rd
Thousand Oaks, CA 91362
(805) 497-7501 2.2 PK-12
- Thousand Oaks Grades: 5-12 | 1320 students
31749 La Tienda Rd
Thousand Oaks, CA 91362
(818) 824-9492 5.2 5-12
- Anaheim Grades: 9-12 | 130 students
2323 W Broadway
Anaheim, CA 92804
(714) 776-1717 58.3 9-12
I love La Reina. Amazing school. 10/10 to recommend. Go Regents!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Anonymous
The experience of attending an all-girls Catholic College Preparatory High School is priceless. The freedom to explore and develop into competent, confident, and influential young women through a rigorous curriculum is core to La Reina's Administrators, teachers and religious staff commitment. I feel so fortunate our daughter has been a part of the Regent community.
- Posted by Parent - Julie
My oldest daughter graduated from La Reina and is now studying at UC Berkeley, La Reina taught her excellent academics and gave her many opportunities for her leadership, but the most valuable asset was the relationships she built with her teachers and her friends. These friends are still her closest sisters. As she would tell her "Sisters for life". She still is in contact with many of her teachers who still ask me as a parent how she is doing. My youngest is still attending La Reina and with their principal Maggie Marschner the school will have a great vision for many years to come. We have not lost any instructional days and our distance learning has been fantastic! If you are looking for a school who will focus on your daughters' future, this is the school they truly care about your children.
- Posted by Parent - Happy Parent
La Reina serves its students by providing them a 21st-century education rooted in Catholic traditions with a focus on female empowerment. The school leadership is student-centered with a focus on embracing traditions while looking towards the future. If I had a daughter, I would certainly want her to attend this institution.
- Posted by Teacher - BE
What a wonderful school this has become. Principal Marschner has done a fantastic job of developing a creative educational experience for the students as they are thriving not only in their education but in the Faith as well. Parents should take a good look at how great an education their children could receive at La Reina.
- Posted by Parent - Bill Nelson
What a wonderful school. At La Reina I grew in my faith and my education I created long-lasting friendships. I highly recommend sending your daughter here to give them the best education and step up in life possible. Thank you, La Reina I love you!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Christinepian
We are so fortunate to have an all girls Catholic school for our daughters. The experience at LaReina is unique in that it is the only all girls' school in our area. The principal and staff are fantastic. The atmosphere is challenging, nurturing, and fun. God Bless LaReina.
- Posted by Parent - Mary
I love it here! One thing I love about La Reina is that you are easily able to create your own clubs! Also, the number of sports available to the middle school is a lot compared to the public schools in the area. My old school only had track for girls and that was it. Also, I love the small class sizes! Some of my classes have 15 kids in them while my old school had a whooping 36 kids in each class! The Counseling here is great too! Everybody is so nice and for the short time I've been here, I've gotten some really close friends. There seems to be no serious bullying at all and everybody accepts eachother. There was someone in my grade that bragged alot but the teachers did something about it instead of just sitting there liketeachers at my old school did.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Student
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?