La Reina High School
5.00 (1 review)
- La Reina High School is dedicated to providing a Catholic education, which strives to help every student realize her worth and find her place in God's plan.
- In the spirit of the Gospel, and according to the educational principles of the Sisters of Notre Dame, La Reina helps each young woman discover, develop, and share the unique gifts God has given her.
- As a Notre Dame school that proclaims God's goodness, La Reina teaches the message of Christ, develops community and family spirit, and reaches out to those in need, both locally and universally.
- The curriculum is designed to prepare each student for a college education.
- It reflects the values of a traditional and classical education, and recognizes the demands of a technological world.
- La Reina helps students develop a global perspective, motivates their intellectual pursuits, nurtures their sensitivity and creativity, fosters their physical development, and prepares leaders who further goodness and justice in society.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2013|
|Total Students||566 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||39 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||24 students|
|Number of AP Courses||17 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Art History, Calculus, English Composition, English Literature, European History, Government, Macro Economics, Physics, Spanish, U.S. History, Biology, French, Psychology, Statistics, Studio Art 2D, Studio Art 3D, Studio Art Drawing|
|Average SAT score||1310|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$12,600|
|Tuition Notes||Monthly, quarterly, semester and annual payment plans available. Tuition does not include the non-refundable application fee of $100, non-refundable registration fee of $800, a non-refundable technology fee of $400, books, uniforms, etc.|
|Admissions Director||Sr. Rebekah Kennedy|
|Admissions Associate||Jennifer Cohen|
|Total Sports Offered||13 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Equestrian, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Cross Country, Dance,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||27 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art, Campus, Cooking, Creative, Culture, Dance, French, Future, Girls, God, Human, Literary, Mathletes, Mock, Model, Mouse, Political, Queen's, Regent, Regents, Robotics, Service, Spanish, Speech, Student, The, Yearbook|
- All four 2014 fall sports went undefeated and claimed CIF League Championships (Golf, Tennis, Cross Country & Volleyball)
- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 Mock Trial County and State Champions
- 2011 and 2012 Mock Trial World Champions
- More than 50% of all sophomores, juniors, and seniors take an AP course
- Average AP pass-rate for 2014 was 93%
- All high school level courses and electives are approved by the University of California
- All graduates of La Reina meet the University of California's entry requirements
- Vex Robotics State Champions
- La Reina students donated over 15.000 Christian Service hours last year
- Over $6.5M in college or university scholarships were offered to the graduates of the Class of 2014
- The average SAT score for La Reina High School's Class of 2014 was 1747 (261 points above national average for girls)
- 100% of La Reina's graduates are accepted to college
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Thousand Oaks Grades: PK-12 | 254 students
384 Erbes Rd
Thousand Oaks, CA 91362
(805)497-7501 2.2 PK-12
- Thousand Oaks Grades: 5-12 | 1320 students
31749 La Tienda Rd
Thousand Oaks, CA 91362
(818)824-9492 5.2 5-12
- Anaheim Grades: 9-12 | 130 students
2323 W Broadway
Anaheim, CA 92804
(714)776-1717 58.3 9-12
I love it here! One thing I love about La Reina is that you are easily able to create your own clubs! Also, the number of sports available to the middle school is a lot compared to the public schools in the area. My old school only had track for girls and that was it. Also, I love the small class sizes! Some of my classes have 15 kids in them while my old school had a whooping 36 kids in each class! The Counseling here is great too! Everybody is so nice and for the short time I've been here, I've gotten some really close friends. There seems to be no serious bullying at all and everybody accepts eachother. There was someone in my grade that bragged alot but the teachers did something about it instead of just sitting there liketeachers at my old school did.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Student
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.
Ever wish you could pick the brain of A+ students? Well, we did it for you — we spoke with dozens of students and educators to find out their secrets for success.