Chaminade College Preparatory High School
- "Chaminade College Preparatory collaborates with the families it serves to provide a challenging Catholic, coeducational education in the Marianist tradition.
- This tradition, grounded in the values of Jesus, educates the whole person while emphasizing family spirit in a nurturing, caring environment, attentive to the moral, spiritual and religious development of students.
- Chaminade prepares college-bound students throughout their middle and high school years in a rigorous program of academic excellence.
- Students from a diversity of cultural, religious and economic backgrounds come together for an active and varied curricular and extracurricular program.
- The mission of Chaminade College Preparatory is to form morally aware and academically capable people to be outstanding contributors to the future.".
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 1998|
|Total Students||1306 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||97 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||26 students|
|Number of AP Courses||24 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Average SAT score||1600|
|Average ACT score||26|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Khaki or navy pants and Chaminade polo in navy, white or grey)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 12|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$16,250|
|Tuition Notes||For more information on Tuition and fees see: http://www.chaminade.org/document.doc?id=713|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Esther Bonino Bennett|
|Admissions Associate||Yolanda Uramoto|
|Total Sports Offered||18 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Equestrian, Fencing, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Fencing, Field Hockey,
Tennis, Track and Field,
- Chaminade College Preparatory High School is a private Catholic coeducational school that prepares college bound students throughout their middle school and high school years in a rigorous program of academic excellence. Students from a diversity of cultural, religious, and economic backgrounds come together for an active and varied curricular and extra-curricular program. There are 1329 students, and 98 faculty and administrative staff. The student/teacher ratio is 13 to one with an average class size of 27. There are 63 faculty members who hold the Master`s degree and three hold Doctoral degrees. Chaminade is nationally recognized as a Blue Ribbon School of Excellence by the U.S. Department of Education.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Studio CityGrades: 7-12 | 1593 students
3700 Coldwater Canyon Avenue
Studio City, CA 91604
- Sherman OaksGrades: 9-12 | 1218 students
13645 Riverside Dr
Sherman Oaks, CA 91423
- Mission HillsGrades: 9-12 | 1634 students
11111 Alemany Dr
Mission Hills, CA 91345
- Santa MonicaGrades: K-12 | 1159 students
1714 21st St
Santa Monica, CA 90404
- Los AngelesGrades: K-12 | 1026 students
100 South Barrington Place
Los Angeles, CA 90049
Nearby Homes for Sale
November 24, 2017
A private school handbook is essentially a set of guidelines for life in the school community.
November 24, 2017
Thinking of teaching in an independent school? Several schools have teaching internship programs. Here's what's involved.
November 24, 2017
Most schools require confidential recommendation forms as part of the application process. The forms coming from your child's current school and teachers need to be handled according instructions given in the admissions materials.