La Salle Academy
LaSalle Academy, with a faculty and staff of 40 extraordinary people for its 375 students is a Catholic/Private elementary school 8 miles outside of Scranton, Pennsylvania.
The Primary Campus (grades Pre K-3) is housed in Dickson City at the former St. Mary's Visitation and the Main Campus (grades4-8) is located in Jessup at the former LaSalle Academy and Holy Ghost.
The school, with it's exemplary academic, sports and extra curricular programs provides the ultimate educational experience as well as character and spiritual development.
- Top Ranked PA School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-8
- Students: 244 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
La Salle Academy ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Pennsylvania for:
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 25%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.
Band, Choir, Drama Club, First in Math, Forensics, Math Club, Natioinal Junior Honor Society, Newspaper, Reading/Book Club, Science Fair, Student Council, Technology Club, Technology Fair, Yearbook
- In the spirit of St. John Baptist de La Salle, who taught that the Christian education of youth and the cultivation of that spirit of faith, piety, and obedience which should characterize its members be evident, we are grateful to God for all He bestows upon us. LaSalle Academy, along with its fully Pennsylvania State Certified faculty and administration is a newly reorganized, bright and beautiful elementary school. High standards are evident in clean airy hallways where student displays reflect progress, effort and much pride. Teacher planning and lesson execution is highly visible in all classrooms, and bulletin boards highlight the school's Catholic identity as well as its committment to fostering academic excellence. Teachers are clearly positive role models who enjoy each other and their students. Friendly greetings and smiles are contagious all through out the hallways and classrooms. There is a mutual respect among administration, faculty, staff, students, and parents which creates both professional and personal satisfaction, trust and a healthy morale. Parents, parent advisors and relatives of our school family feel comfortable coming to the school, and are frequently spotted coming and going from appointments, conferences and fund raising discusiions. LaSalle Academy is clearly aware of its need, but moreso content and comfortable with its desire ,to welcome parent input as well as support, and seeks volunteers to assist the school in its varied activities and sporting events.
- Academic Curriculum: Pennsylvania State mandated academic curriculum in which standards and benchmarks are followed on each level.K-3 Self Contained classrooms with plenty of room, current workbooks, certified early childhood instructors and teacher's aides.
- 4-8 Program Grades 4 and 5 rotate classes in a semi departmentalized manner to transition for Junior high. Daily classes include:
- Religion, Reading, Math, Social Studies, Science, English, Spelling Weekly Classes. Library, Computer, Physical Education,Art and Music.
- Junior High Curriculum
- Fully Departmentalized Organization,Religion: Roman Catholic and Byzantine Catholic, English, Average and Advanced Science, Average and Advanced Math, English, Literature, Social Studies and Spanish.
- Specials: Art, Computers, Spanish, Library, Physical Education and Music
- Affiliations: National Junior Honor Society Student Council National Catholic Education Association ASCD National Science Teacher's Association. National Reading Association
Endorse La Salle Academy. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
With so much uncertainty in the world today and a pandemic further confounding our lives, it's reasonable for parents to want to protect their children whenever and wherever possible? But overprotecting or bubble-wrapping? Well, that's another matter.
Get Your Act Together!
We take a look at the other college admissions test and offer some resources for test preparation.
Why Small Class Sizes Work
You want your child to receive plenty of individual attention. That's one of the reasons most parents send their children to private school.