Scranton Preparatory School
5.00 (1 review)
- Scranton Prep is a Jesuit college preparatory day school for boys and girls.
- The current enrollment is over 800students. As a Jesuit, Ignatian high school, it's mission is to form a learning community of men and women distinguished by its commitment to competence, conscience and compassion.
- Scranton Prep serves students from every county in Northeast Pennsylvania, including portions of New York state. The school provides convenient transportation for outlying areas.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||803 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||54 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||25 students|
|Number of AP Courses||14 courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Art History, AP Biology, AP Calculus, AP Chemistry, AP Computer Science, Ap English Composition, AP English Literature, AP Human Geography, AP Latin Poetry, AP Music Theory, AP Physics, AP Psychology,|
|Average SAT score||1210|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 17|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$11,700|
|Tuition Notes||Need based financial aid available|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$3,500|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Christian S. Davis|
|Total Sports Offered||14 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Football,
Track and Field, Wrestling,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||23 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art Society, Chorale, Computer Club, Future Business Leaders of America, Glee Club, Human Rights Club, Intramural sports, Junior Academy Of Science, Junior Statesman of America, Language Clubs, Math Club, Mock Trial, National Honor Society, Pro-Life Club, Red Cross Blood Drive, Scholastic Bowl, School Newspaper, Science Oympiad, Service Club, Speech and Debate - Forensics, Student Government, Theatre, Yearbook|
- 99% of students go on to a four year college. 78% of students get accepted to the college of their first choice. Scranton Prep enjoys a seven-year program with the University of Scranton and Marywood University. A student who graduates Prep in four years has the potential to graduate both Universities in three years. Yealy, the graduating class earns in excess of 25 million dollars in performance based merit scholarships. Scranton Prep has 4.5 guidance counselors serving it's student body All students are required to do community service and there is a full-time director of community service. Special summer service programs serve throughout the United States.
Scranton Prep is the best school in NEPA
- Posted by Student/Alumni - georg
January 16, 2018
Part of the private school selection process is financial aid. We point out five issues about which you should be aware.
January 16, 2018
We look at why tuition costs vary so widely from school to school.
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.