Mercyhurst Preparatory School
- Mercyhurst Preparatory School is a four year co-educational Catholic secondary school founded by the Sisters of Mercy to prepare students from all religious and ethnic backgrounds for a successful, productive, and compassionate life in an ever-changing and interdependent world.
- Mercyhurst Prep education is based upon the teachings of Jesus Christ and a modeling of Judeo-Christian values; excellence in academic and co-curricular programs, service to our local and global communities, and the dedication and active support of the students, parents, faculty, staff, and alumni of the Mercyhurst community.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Education Association|
International Baccalaureate (IB) World School
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 1993, 1998|
|Total Students||544 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||48 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||23 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Grey skirt/slacks and white polo shirt)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Nov. 9 / Jan. 4 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$9,600|
|Tuition Notes||This is tuition for the 2018-2019 school year. We have a technology fee of $250, iPad insurance is $75 and a fundraiser of $300.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Marcia DiTullio|
|Admissions Associate||Michelle Intrieri|
|Total Sports Offered||13 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cheering, Crew, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||34 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Baking Club, Calamari's Thanksgiving Dinner for the Homeless, Chrysalis, Critical Concerns, DIY Club, Fashion Club, Feed the Hungry, Fitness Center, French Club, Junior Achievement, Math Club, Mercy Service Project, Minecraft, Model United Nations, National Art Honor Society, National Honor Society, Reading Club, Robotics and Technology Club, Serteens, Ski Club, Spanich Club, Speech and Debate, Spirit Club, Student Council/Student Government, The Joseph of Arimathea Society, The Ophelia Club, Travel Club, Ultimate Frisbee Club, Women in Motion
Arts and Music Programs:
Concert Choir, Dance Company, International Thespian Society, Orchestra Ensemble, Show Choir
THE MERCY CHARISM CORE VALUES: compassionate presence, justice, service, hospitality, and concern for the dignity of all persons.
We believe that:
- God is the center of our existence and Christ is our model for truth and compassion.
- Compassionate presence, justice, service, and concern for the dignity of all persons (the charism of our foundress, Catherine McAuley) are the foundation of our school and of a moral and enlightened society.
- Positive moral and religious values lived out in ethical conduct and service are fundamental to an interdependent society.
- All children can succeed in a positive educational environment.
- Everyone has an obligation to offer his or her gifts in service to others.
- Education is the responsibility of the entire community.
- The dignity and worth of each individual must be recognized and valued.
- The family is the most significant institution in society.
- Understanding and appreciation of cultural diversity are critical to world peace and global harmony.
- Lifelong learning is essential to fulfillment of one`s potential in a changing, interdependent world.
- Individual actions influence the world and its people.
- Each person must assume stewardship of this planet.
- Appreciation of the arts enlightens the human mind and spirit.Intellectual honesty is the cornerstone of the academic community.
- Those who have much are obliged to share their resources with those who have less.
- The active pursuit of wellness enhances one`s quality of life.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Erie Grades: 9-12 | 363 students
2403 W 8th St
Erie, PA 16505
(814) 838-2061 4.4 9-12
- Cranberry Township Grades: 9-12 | 593 students
1617 Rt. 228
Cranberry Township, PA 16066
(412) 321-4823 97.8 9-12
- Pittsburgh Grades: 9-12 | 240 students
2700 Morange Road
Pittsburgh, PA 15205
(412) 922-7400 115.9 9-12