Mercyhurst Preparatory School
- Top Ranked PA School
- Grades: 9-12
- Students: 544 students
- Yearly Tuition: $9,600
- Acceptance rate: 99%
- Average class size: 23 students
- Application Deadline: Nov. 9 / Jan. 4 / rolling
Academics and Faculty
(Grey skirt/slacks and white polo shirt)
Finances and Admission
Baking Club, Calamari's Thanksgiving Dinner for the Homeless, Chrysalis, Critical Concerns, DIY Club, Fashion Club, Feed the Hungry, Fitness Center, French Club, Junior Achievement, Math Club, Mercy Service Project, Minecraft, Model United Nations, National Art Honor Society, National Honor Society, Reading Club, Robotics and Technology Club, Serteens, Ski Club, Spanich Club, Speech and Debate, Spirit Club, Student Council/Student Government, The Joseph of Arimathea Society, The Ophelia Club, Travel Club, Ultimate Frisbee Club, Women in Motion
Arts and Music Programs:
Concert Choir, Dance Company, International Thespian Society, Orchestra Ensemble, Show Choir
THE MERCY CHARISM CORE VALUES: compassionate presence, justice, service, hospitality, and concern for the dignity of all persons.
We believe that:
- God is the center of our existence and Christ is our model for truth and compassion.
- Compassionate presence, justice, service, and concern for the dignity of all persons (the charism of our foundress, Catherine McAuley) are the foundation of our school and of a moral and enlightened society.
- Positive moral and religious values lived out in ethical conduct and service are fundamental to an interdependent society.
- All children can succeed in a positive educational environment.
- Everyone has an obligation to offer his or her gifts in service to others.
- Education is the responsibility of the entire community.
- The dignity and worth of each individual must be recognized and valued.
- The family is the most significant institution in society.
- Understanding and appreciation of cultural diversity are critical to world peace and global harmony.
- Lifelong learning is essential to fulfillment of one`s potential in a changing, interdependent world.
- Individual actions influence the world and its people.
- Each person must assume stewardship of this planet.
- Appreciation of the arts enlightens the human mind and spirit.Intellectual honesty is the cornerstone of the academic community.
- Those who have much are obliged to share their resources with those who have less.
- The active pursuit of wellness enhances one`s quality of life.
Endorse Mercyhurst Preparatory School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards