- Mercyhurst Preparatory School is a four year co-educational Catholic secondary school founded by the Sisters of Mercy to prepare students from all religious and ethnic backgrounds for a successful, productive, and compassionate life in an ever-changing and interdependent world.
- Mercyhurst Prep education is based upon the teachings of Jesus Christ and a modeling of Judeo-Christian values; excellence in academic and co-curricular programs, service to our local and global communities, and the dedication and active support of the students, parents, faculty, staff, and alumni of the Mercyhurst community.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Education Association
International Baccalaureate (IB) World School
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 1993, 1998|
|Total Students||544 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||48 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||23 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(Grey skirt/slacks and white polo shirt)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Nov. 6 / Jan. 9 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,500|
|Tuition Notes||This is tuition for the 2015-2016 school year. We have a technology fee of $200, iPad insurance is $65 and a fundraiser of $250.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Marcia DiTullio|
|Admissions Associate||Lindsey Corle|
|Total Sports Offered||13 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cheering, Crew, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
Tennis, Track and Field,
THE MERCY CHARISM CORE VALUES: compassionate presence, justice, service, hospitality, and concern for the dignity of all persons.
We believe that:
- God is the center of our existence and Christ is our model for truth and compassion.
- Compassionate presence, justice, service, and concern for the dignity of all persons (the charism of our foundress, Catherine McAuley) are the foundation of our school and of a moral and enlightened society.
- Positive moral and religious values lived out in ethical conduct and service are fundamental to an interdependent society.
- All children can succeed in a positive educational environment.
- Everyone has an obligation to offer his or her gifts in service to others.
- Education is the responsibility of the entire community.
- The dignity and worth of each individual must be recognized and valued.
- The family is the most significant institution in society.
- Understanding and appreciation of cultural diversity are critical to world peace and global harmony.
- Lifelong learning is essential to fulfillment of one’s potential in a changing, interdependent world.
- Individual actions influence the world and its people.
- Each person must assume stewardship of this planet.
- Appreciation of the arts enlightens the human mind and spirit.Intellectual honesty is the cornerstone of the academic community.
- Those who have much are obliged to share their resources with those who have less.
- The active pursuit of wellness enhances one’s quality of life.
Profile last updated: 07/16/2015