Lake Tahoe School
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (775) 831-5828
Lake Tahoe School is a fully-accredited, independent, Pre-K ages 3 & 4 through 8th grade school in northern Nevada and the Tahoe area.
With a teacher:student ratio of 1:6, interdisciplinary curriculum, extensive enrichment classes, world-class outdoor recreation & exploration, and top teachers and administrative professionals, Lake Tahoe School offers each student an elevated education experience to ensure a lifelong love of learning.
We have a rolling admissions policy. Contact Kris Nugent for more information.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
State or regional independent school association
Northwest Association of Accredited Schools
NWAIS (Northwest Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||149 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||26 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||13 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$25,725|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies according to PK, K-4, 5-8. Please see http://www.laketahoeschool.org/admissions/tuition/ for current tuition costs.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Kris Nugent|
|Admissions Associate||Allie Sacci|
|Endowment Size||$3 million|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Basketball, Cross Country, Nordic Skiing, Snowboarding, Track and Field, VolleyballAlpine Skiing, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Nordic Skiing,
Snowboarding, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Music Programs:|
Arts and Music Programs
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- Nestled between Lake Tahoe`s scenic northern shore and Diamond Peak Ski Resort, Lake Tahoe School has occupied our secure, state-of-the art school building since 2004. Our teaching and learning facility features 56,000 sq ft of indoor teaching and learning space on five acres of property, just a stone`s throw from Lake Tahoe.
- Lake Tahoe School offers class-room based enrichment classes for Pre-K through 8th grades in:
- Physical Education
- With an interdisciplinary curriculum strategy, differentiated learning, and outdoor recreation and extensive athletics, the School practices the principles of whole student learning and social emotional learning.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Las Vegas Grades: 6-12 | 1946 students
2015 S Hualapai Way
Las Vegas, NV 89117
(702) 804-4400 331 6-12
- Reno Grades: K-12 | 9 students
16255 S Virginia St
Reno, NV 89521
(775) 544-5565 13.5 K-12
50% of faculty have masters degrees. Current teacher to student ratio is 1:6. The School has an academic coach, a reading/writing specialist and class-based enrichment in Art, Music, Spanish, MakerSpace, Science, Outdoor and Physical Education, differentiated learning, interdisciplinary learning, and a new Athletic and Performing Arts Center.
- Posted by Administrator - Jane Holman
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.
TLTR? There are a couple of private school documents which you need to read.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.