Lake Tahoe School
5.00 (1 review)
- Lake Tahoe School is the only fully-accredited, independent, Pre-K ages 3 & 4 through 8th grade school in northern Nevada and the Tahoe area.
- With a teacher:student ratio of 1:6, interdisciplinary curriculum, extensive enrichment classes, world-class outdoor recreation & exploration, and top teachers and administrative professionals, Lake Tahoe School offers each student an elevated education experience to ensure a lifelong love of learning.
- We have a rolling admissions policy. Contact Kris Nugent for more information.
- And, watch for the Grand Opening of our newly built Athletic and Performing Arts Center, a new soccer/sports field, and a new play field for preschool in fall 2019.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
State or regional independent school association
Northwest Association of Accredited Schools
NWAIS (Northwest Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||132 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$25,725|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies according to PK, K-4, 5-8. Please see http://www.laketahoeschool.org/admissions/tuition/ for current tuition costs.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$15,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Kris Nugent|
|Admissions Associate||Allie Sacci|
|Endowment Size||$3 million|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Basketball, Cross Country, Nordic Skiing, Snowboarding, Track and Field, VolleyballAlpine Skiing, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Nordic Skiing,
Snowboarding, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Music Programs:|
Arts and Music Programs
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- Nestled between Lake Tahoe`s scenic northern shore and Diamond Peak Ski Resort, Lake Tahoe School has occupied our secure, state-of-the art school building since 2004. Our teaching and learning facility features 56,000 sq ft of indoor teaching and learning space on five acres of property, just a stone`s throw from Lake Tahoe.
- Lake Tahoe School offers class-room based enrichment classes for Pre-K through 8th grades in:
- Physical Education
- With an interdisciplinary curriculum strategy, differentiated learning, and outdoor recreation and extensive athletics, the School practices the principles of whole student learning and social emotional learning.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Las Vegas Grades: 6-12 | 1946 students
2015 S Hualapai Way
Las Vegas, NV 89117
(702)804-4400 331 6-12
- Reno Grades: K-12
16255 S Virginia St
Reno, NV 89521
(775)544-5565 13.5 K-12
50% of faculty have masters degrees. Current teacher to student ratio is 1:6. The School has an academic coach, a reading/writing specialist and class-based enrichment in Art, Music, Spanish, MakerSpace, Science, Outdoor and Physical Education, differentiated learning, interdisciplinary learning, and a new Athletic and Performing Arts Center.
- Posted by Administrator - Jane Holman
Learn more about Financing Your Kids’ Education in Private School.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.