Lakewood Montessori School
- The Lakewood Montessori School is dedicated to the total development of the constantly growing child.
- Our environments provide varying degrees of challenge from which children may, with guidance, choose work according to their level of development.
- We value that the direction of growth is positively influenced by perpetuating a warm, caring, and nurturing community.
- Lakewood Montessori School is committed to individualized education, allowing children freedom to develop at their own pace.
- We strive to satisfy a child's need to know, to achieve, to belong, to feel safe and secure, and to develop self-esteem.
- The Montessori school is designed to accommodate various stages of development in children, which occur in roughly 3-year cycles.
- From birth to 3 years of age the child is absorbing directly from the environment, analogous to a sponge.
- It is during this phase that many language and motor skills are acquired without formal instruction.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other Montessori association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||280 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 39%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||47:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Houston Grades: PK-K | 113 students
2450 River Oaks Blvd
Houston, TX 77019
(713)354-2267 20.5 PK-K
- Houston Grades: NS | 77 students
12280 Westheimer Rd Ste 50
Houston, TX 77077
(281)558-7323 18 NS
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.