Leelanau Children's Center Northport
Tel: (231) 386-5144
- The Leelanau Children's Center is a celebration of community spirit and admiration of young children and their families.
- LCC was founded by a Mom who sought to provide a place where parents and their preschool aged children could play together, learn from one another, and develop relationships.
- The early childhood years are a period of dynamic and extraordinary development.
- The young child is building his /her brain architecture, learning habits and social skills that will carry him/her through life.
- We believe that careful attention and deep curiosity about development in these years can make a world of difference to each child.
- Because children matter, the Leelanau Children's Center provides high quality early childhood educational programs and advocates for children, parents and families.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-1|
|Total Students||23 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Leland Grades: PK-K | 60 students
111 N 5th St
Leland, MI 49654
(231) 256-7841 10 PK-K
- Lake Leelanau Grades: NS-12 | 211 students
303 St Mary's St
Lake Leelanau, MI 49653
(231) 256-9636 11.2 NS-12
- Ellsworth Grades: PK-8 | 44 students
9541 White St.
Ellsworth, MI 49729
(231) 588-2111 14 PK-8
- Traverse City Grades: K-8 | 12 students
2055b 4 Mile Rd N
Traverse City, MI 49686
(231) 947-4640 18.7 K-8
- Charlevoix Grades: PK-8 | 90 students
1005 Bridge St
Charlevoix, MI 49720
(231) 547-9441 21.7 PK-8
Whether you are just beginning the process of choosing a private school or several months into it, make sure that you keep these five 'must haves' front and center in your thinking.
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.