Leila Day Nurseries, Inc.
- At Leila Day we are committed to promoting children's social, emotional, cognitive and physical growth within a warm, loving environment.
- We help children learn about their feelings and those of others, and we work to create a community in which children can learn to get along with others.
- We want children to love "school" and to be active learners with good problem solving skills.
- We work to foster in children a positive self-image as well as a sense of competence and mastery in which the roots of confidence are anchored.
- Above all, we try to look at each child's uniqueness, encouraging individual expression and development.
- We offer a wide range of experiences to enhance self-expression, social awareness, and cognitive exploration.
- The materials we use to achieve these goals include a range of art media, sensory materials such as sand and water, kitchen equipment for cooking, and a workbench and tools for carpentry.
- There are blocks and props for building and dramatic play.
- Music and movement are integrated into the daily routine of kindergarten along with books, stories, poems, and creative writing in many forms.
- There are also manipulative math materials, games and puzzles, and a great many tools and pieces of equipment to assist in scientific explorations.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten|
|Total Students||8 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- New Haven Grades: PK-K | 57 students
150 Highland St
New Haven, CT 06511
(203)764-9350 0.4 PK-K
- North Haven Grades: PK-K | 45 students
76 Maple Avenue
North Haven, CT 06473
(203)239-7395 4.8 PK-K
- New Haven Grades: PK-8 | 320 students
351 Mckinley Ave
New Haven, CT 06515
(203)387-5693 2.7 PK-8
Every private school parent is encouraged to help the school in whatever way he can. Here are some things you can do to make a contribution to your school.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.