Leila Day Nurseries, Inc.
Tel: (203) 624-1374
- At Leila Day we are committed to promoting children's social, emotional, cognitive and physical growth within a warm, loving environment.
- We help children learn about their feelings and those of others, and we work to create a community in which children can learn to get along with others.
- We want children to love "school" and to be active learners with good problem solving skills.
- We work to foster in children a positive self-image as well as a sense of competence and mastery in which the roots of confidence are anchored.
- Above all, we try to look at each child's uniqueness, encouraging individual expression and development.
- We offer a wide range of experiences to enhance self-expression, social awareness, and cognitive exploration.
- The materials we use to achieve these goals include a range of art media, sensory materials such as sand and water, kitchen equipment for cooking, and a workbench and tools for carpentry.
- There are blocks and props for building and dramatic play.
- Music and movement are integrated into the daily routine of kindergarten along with books, stories, poems, and creative writing in many forms.
- There are also manipulative math materials, games and puzzles, and a great many tools and pieces of equipment to assist in scientific explorations.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||86 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 25%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||29:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- New Haven Grades: PK-K | 55 students
150 Highland St
New Haven, CT 06511
(203) 764-9350 0.4 PK-K
- North Haven Grades: PK-K | 45 students
76 Maple Avenue
North Haven, CT 06473
(203) 239-7395 4.8 PK-K
- New Haven Grades: PK-8 | 320 students
351 Mckinley Ave
New Haven, CT 06515
(203) 387-5693 2.7 PK-8
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.