Liberty Classical Academy (formerly The Garden School)
5.00 (1 review)
At Liberty Classical Academy, students participate in a rigorous and cooperative musical production each year, in which every student is required to play a role on stage. This prepares our students to articulate ideas to an audience, as well as building confidence and character. Our last 3 musicals were Peter Pan, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, and Shrek!
Join Liberty Classical Academy's Missions & Travel Studies program this school year as we travel to Oaxaca, Mexico. Previous trips include The Dream Center in LA, Denver, Cedar City's Shakespeare festival, and New York City!
As part of Liberty Classical Academy's rich STEM program, students participate in Science Olympiad, as well as Future Cities; a project-based learning program and competition where students in 6th, 7th, and 8th grades imagine, research, design, and build cities of the future. In 2016, LCA took 5th place out of 80 teams.
In 2017, Liberty Classical Academy's K-3rd classrooms were awarded a science grant from the South Side Conservation District. With this grant, we were able to purchase classroom supplies to teach our children the importance of the life cycles of plants and animals. Our children will also learn the vitality of agriculture and importance of sustainability in the land around us.
In 2017, Liberty Classical Academy participated for the fifth time in the Messiah Lutheran Track & Field Meet at Stocker Stadium in Grand Junction. The 57 members of this year's team finished second out of 21 teams.
Outside of the classroom, Liberty Classical Academy's close knit community benefit from activities and trainings: weekly hiking groups, summer swimming and rafting trips, IEW curriculum training, Love and Logic parenting classes, Beginning Reading, Moab camping, monthly parent meetings, and weekly Chapel.
- Liberty Classical Academy, Formerly The Garden School, Is A Classical Christian School Located On The Western Slope Of Colorado.
- Established In 1997, We Are Committed To Partnering With Families To Provide Students With Quality Academics, A Solid Christian Worldview And A Passion For Their Unique Area Of Giftedness.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Classical and Christian Schools (ACCS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild learning differences|
|Total Students||100 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Khaki pants and polo shirt)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$2,732|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition assistance is available. Please see LCA-CO.com for more information.|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Jo Hendrickson|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Dance, Track and FieldDance, Track and Field,|
- CLASSICAL SCHOOL:
- Liberty Classical Academy`s classical approach arose out of the desire to provide a challenging, high-quality education that would provide emotional, intellectual and spiritual nurturing for children. Classes are designed around a study of the flow of western history from Ancient Egypt, Greece, Rome and Israel to the present day. We use an integrated, unit-study approach that emphasizes experiential education and classic literature.
- UNIVERSITY-MODEL SCHOOL:
- LCA is a member of the University Model Schools International association. Univeristy-Model schools integrate the home and classroom learning experience. They develop a community to support families who desire to be an integral part of training and discipling their children. Our University style schedule allows students to take charge of their learning, time to develop meaningful mentor and family relationships, and make a seamless transition to college or career.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Glenwood SpringsGrades: K-12 | 46 students
2195 County Road 154
Glenwood Springs, CO 81601
- Glenwood SpringsGrades: KG-8 | 15 students
2314 Blake Ave
Glenwood Springs, CO 81601
i love this school and i moved there from a public middle school. this is definetly the best school i have ever gone to and im learning more than i ever have in all the schools iv ever been to. also all the teacher are really nice and if you get stuck they explain it to you until you do get it. i love this school. and all and all the uniforms arent that bad as people think.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - genev
Nearby Homes for Sale
January 16, 2018
Part of the private school selection process is financial aid. We point out five issues about which you should be aware.
January 16, 2018
We look at why tuition costs vary so widely from school to school.
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.