Little Jems Childrens Center
- Little Gems Children's Centre has been providing quality care for children in Ancaster and the surrounding area since its establishment in September of 1988.
- Little Gems strives to provide quality, loving child care in a home-like environment.
- It is our goal to help each child realize that he/she is loved.
- As well as to provide each child with opportunities for social, emotional, intellectual, and physical growth and development.
- Little Gems has been owned and operated by Karen Kergan since its establishment in 1988.
- We are a Ministry Licensed Centre that provides care in compliance with Day Nurseries Act.
- Little Gems is licensed for 72 children during the day and 15 after school.
- We currently provide care on a full-time and part-time basis for children 0-9yrs.
- Teachers at Little Gems meet the required qualifications for child care with Early Childhood Education or equivalent diplomas.
- In addition, all teachers maintain current First Aid and Infant/Toddler C.P.R. certificates.
- Our teachers are dedicated to furthering their professional development by participating in workshops and other classes in order to remain informed on current children's issues.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||23 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||1 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||23:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Strategic planning is a disciplined effort to produce fundamental decisions and actions that shape and guide what an organization is, what it does, and why it does it, with a focus on the future.
Getting your child into a competitive school is a tough assignment. Don't let the many challenges overwhelm you. There is a simple solution.
SSAT and ISEE scores are one part of the total picture which most private school admissions staff review. These standardized tests reveal what you have learned in key mastery areas.