Little Theatre School Nursery, PreK & Kindergarten
Little Theatre School is a private preschool that has been educating young children in Lynn, Lynnfield, Peabody, Saugus, Salem and nearby northshore communities for over 70 years. Our nursery, Pre-K and kindergarten programs combine learning with music, drama, movement and play for children 2 years 9 months to 7 years old.
We use the best of traditional and current teaching methods to create a wonderful first school experience and learning habits that will stay with your child for life. Little Theatre School is licensed by MA Department of Early Education and Care.
- School Type: Alternative School
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-Kindergarten
- Students: 60 students
- Acceptance rate: 90%
- Average class size: 10 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Student Body Type
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
Finances and Admission
None / Rolling
refer to www.littletheatreschool.org for latest tuition cost by program.
% on Financial Aid
National avg.: 85%
- Little Theatre School has been educating young children in the MA north shore areas for 3 generations since 1944. At Little Theatre School, we recognize and respect each child as an individual. Our mission is to create a wonderful first learning experience that will establish a strong foundation for your child`s education future. Our developmentally appropriate early childhood education program is founded on four core values: MUSIC-PLAY-MOVE-LEARN. Children learn naturally through observations, engaging interactions, sensory rich experiences, positive role plays and stimulating activities. Using the best of traditional and current teaching methods, we expand your child`s world by helping each student acquire new knowledge and skills, make and nurture friendships and learn to be their own person. Small class size allows us to know each child and adapt our teaching to optimize the student`s essential experiences. Communication with families is two-way, open and sincere.
Endorse Little Theatre School Nursery, PreK & Kindergarten. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
What A Teacher Does
A teacher wears many hats. Here's a look at her duties and responsibilities.
How Diverse Are Private Schools?
Decades ago private schools could have been accused of being elitist. You had to have money to attend. The student populations were fairly homogeneous. Fortunately that has changed.
Private School Job Searching 101
Here is a guide for teachers and administrators seeking employment in private schools. Think of it as a roadmap for the job search process.