Little Theatre School Nursery, PreK & Kindergarten
- Little Theatre School is a private preschool that has been educating young children in Lynn, Lynnfield, Peabody, Saugus, Salem and nearby northshore communities for over 70 years. Our nursery, Pre-K and kindergarten programs combine learning with music, drama, movement and play for children 2 years 9 months to 7 years old.
- We use the best of traditional and current teaching methods to create a wonderful first school experience and learning habits that will stay with your child for life. Little Theatre School is licensed by MA Department of Early Education and Care.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||90 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||refer to www.littletheatreschool.org for latest tuition cost by program.|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Winn Hackett|
- Little Theatre School has been educating young children in the MA north shore areas for 3 generations since 1944. At Little Theatre School, we recognize and respect each child as an individual. Our mission is to create a wonderful first learning experience that will establish a strong foundation for your child`s education future. Our developmentally appropriate early childhood education program is founded on four core values: MUSIC-PLAY-MOVE-LEARN. Children learn naturally through observations, engaging interactions, sensory rich experiences, positive role plays and stimulating activities. Using the best of traditional and current teaching methods, we expand your child`s world by helping each student acquire new knowledge and skills, make and nurture friendships and learn to be their own person. Small class size allows us to know each child and adapt our teaching to optimize the student`s essential experiences. Communication with families is two-way, open and sincere.
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- PeabodyGrades: NS-PK | 35 students
119 Lynnfield St
Peabody, MA 01960
- LynnGrades: PK-8 | 210 students
26 Urban St
Lynn, MA 01904
- LynnfieldGrades: PK-8 | 432 students
40 Grove St
Lynnfield, MA 01940
- LynnGrades: PK-8 | 348 students
28 Bowler St
Lynn, MA 01904
- LynnGrades: PK-8 | 240 students
581 Boston Street
Lynn, MA 01905
Nearby Homes for Sale
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.
January 07, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.
December 27, 2017
Hundreds of private schools, and for that matter, public schools, outside the United States will be happy to have you as a teacher for a few years.