Lutheran School Of Flushing & Bayside
5.00 (1 review)
- +++++++NEWS FLASH+++++++ We offer a progressive learning environment. Each Student is challenged to do their best, they are encouraged to use their individual talents and gifts to investigate, solve and apply the innovative skills of higher - order thinking.
- Our curriculum reflects the core standards while using the gifted and talented corresponding guidelines.
- We also offer classes in Arts & Technology and Music, as well as Drama.
- We have Violin classes, using the Suzuki Method. There are after school clubs and sports teams.
- We offer after school care till 6 PM, at a additional cost.
- Lastly, we offer a safe environment with caring teachers and staff.
- Come visit us and see why we are the best kept secret in Bayside. "Big Enough to Challenge, small enough to care".
Lutheran School Of Flushing & Bayside places among the top 20% of private schools in New York for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|Religious Affiliation||Lutheran Church Missouri Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||ESL|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||158 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 28%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||26:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Ms. Pia Haselbach|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, SoccerBasketball, Soccer,|
- The Staff of the Lutheran School of Flushing & Bayside has High Expectations of all Children, we strive to teach His word, build self-esteem, develop a cooperative community and educate so that each child should achieve His/Her full potential within a loving, caring and safe environment. The Lutheran School is operated by The Lutheran Church of Saint John and Redeemer Lutheran Church. The members of both congregations have assumed the task of operating the school as a part of their ministry to the world. LSF&B feels that children are gifts of God, entrusted into our care. We will encourage your child to reach for their highest potional with integrity and strength of character to live out their faith
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bayside Grades: NS-8 | 439 students
21601 38th Avenue
Bayside, NY 11361
(718)631-4804 0.6 NS-8
Wonderful caring school with a carI g staff and great learning environment
- Posted by Parent - Stella
Nearby Homes for Sale
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.