Lutheran School Of Flushing & Bayside
+++++++NEWS FLASH+++++++ We offer a progressive learning environment. Each Student is challenged to do their best, they are encouraged to use their individual talents and gifts to investigate, solve and apply the innovative skills of higher - order thinking.
Our curriculum reflects the core standards while using the gifted and talented corresponding guidelines. We also offer classes in Arts & Technology and Music, as well as Drama.
We have Violin classes, using the Suzuki Method. There are after school clubs and sports teams.
We offer after school care till 6 PM, at a additional cost.
Lastly, we offer a safe environment with caring teachers and staff. Come visit us and see why we are the best kept secret in Bayside. "Big Enough to Challenge, small enough to care".
- Top Ranked NY School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-8
- Students: 140 students
- Average class size: 15 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Lutheran School Of Flushing & Bayside ranks among the top 20% of private schools in New York for:
Learning Difference Programs
Learning Programs Supported
Summer School Offered
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 41%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Ms. Pia Haselbach
- The Staff of the Lutheran School of Flushing & Bayside has High Expectations of all Children, we strive to teach His word, build self-esteem, develop a cooperative community and educate so that each child should achieve His/Her full potential within a loving, caring and safe environment. The Lutheran School is operated by The Lutheran Church of Saint John and Redeemer Lutheran Church. The members of both congregations have assumed the task of operating the school as a part of their ministry to the world. LSF&B feels that children are gifts of God, entrusted into our care. We will encourage your child to reach for their highest potional with integrity and strength of character to live out their faith
Wonderful caring school with a carI g staff and great learning environment
Endorse Lutheran School Of Flushing & Bayside. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Is The IB Program Right For Your Child?
The International Baccalaureate programmes cover the entire K-12 spectrum with three distinct educational curricula. Is the IB programme right for your child? Some answers to your questions here.
How To Control Your Child's Screen Time
We parents want to keep our children safe from anything and everything. That's always our biggest worry. We don't want our children watching inappropriate content or playing violent games on their smart devices, do we? That's the rationale behind controlling our children's screen times. So, here are a couple of tips on making that happen.
Myths About Private School
Second-hand information, myths, sensational news reports, and biased opinions rarely give a true picture of a private school. Find out what private schools are really like for yourself.