- School Type: Special Education School
- Grades: Inquire with school
- Enrollment: 29 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Madonna School is a private school founded on the Christian principles of the value, worth and dignity of every individual as created by God. Our mission is to educate students with cognitive and other developmental disabilities to become as independent as possible. Madonna School is a special place helping very special children. Certified by the Nebraska Department of Education, we are the only private, Catholic special education program in Omaha. Madonna School currently has 52 students enrolled for the 2006-2007 academic year. Our students range in age from 6 to 21, and have been diagnosed with an assortment of cognitive and other developmental disabilities. Although Madonna School is a special place for special needs children, every opportunity is provided for students to integrate into the community. Students go on many fieldtrips throughout the school year. In addition, students from Creighton University, Methodist College of Nursing and area high schools, as well as employees of local businesses and organizations volunteer their time to work with students in the classrooms, help with Special Olympics or organize fun activities. Madonna School's vision, purpose and goal is to encourage optimum performance, develop academic and survival skills, establish self-confidence, and make job training opportunities available to developmentally and cognitively disabled students in order to enable each to become independent, self-supporting individuals.
Frequently Asked Questions
What schools are Madonna School often compared to?
When is the application deadline for Madonna School?
Endorse Madonna School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards