Maple Dene Elementary School
- Maple Dene is a school of the 21st century, built upon values and practices found in the traditional country school: where older and younger children work and play together in a spirit of cooperation, and where caring is at the heart of everything we do.
- At Maple Dene and The Moppet School, our mission is to help each child become personally and socially responsible, and independent in behavior and thinking; Provide opportunities and challenges that promote overall development, which leads to resourcefulness and the ability to solve problems; and Inspire a lifelong passion and enjoyment for learning.
- Maple Dene uses a hands-on approach to learning. Whether three or twelve years old, children are given time to explore the curiosities of life.
- Through the industrious interactions of work and play, they are drawn to their interests.
- Experimenting through trial and error, they search for answers. Encouraged to imagine possibilities, and to create from what has been inspired, they discover.
- This journey is adventurous and richly rewarding. Children come full circle to develop a deep, genuine love for learning, and ultimately, become independent and resourceful.
- Maple Dene is a six-acre parcel of land that consists of a two-acre playground, sports field and meadow, along with four acres of wooded hills, wetlands, and a brook.
- Both the developed aspects of the land and its natural qualities are used as a learning environment or outdoor classroom to enrich the curriculum with outdoor activities and adventures.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other special emphasis association(s)|
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||18 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Pepperell Grades: 4-12 | 9 students
42 River Rd
Pepperell, MA 01463
(978) 433-2098 3.2 4-12
- Hollis Grades: NS-PK | 46 students
4 A Market Place
Hollis, NH 03049
(603) 465-7005 4.3 NS-PK
- Nashua Grades: PK-K | 51 students
4 Merrit Pkwy
Nashua, NH 03062
(603) 880-3353 4.6 PK-K
- Groton Grades: 8-12 | 383 students
282 Farmers Row
Groton, MA 01450
(978) 448-3363 4.6 8-12
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.