- Maple Dene is a school of the 21st century, built upon values and practices found in the traditional country school: where older and younger children work and play together in a spirit of cooperation, and where caring is at the heart of everything we do.
- At Maple Dene and The Moppet School, our mission is to help each child become personally and socially responsible, and independent in behavior and thinking; Provide opportunities and challenges that promote overall development, which leads to resourcefulness and the ability to solve problems; and Inspire a lifelong passion and enjoyment for learning.
- Maple Dene uses a hands-on approach to learning. Whether three or twelve years old, children are given time to explore the curiosities of life.
- Through the industrious interactions of work and play, they are drawn to their interests.
- Experimenting through trial and error, they search for answers. Encouraged to imagine possibilities, and to create from what has been inspired, they discover.
- This journey is adventurous and richly rewarding. Children come full circle to develop a deep, genuine love for learning, and ultimately, become independent and resourceful.
- Maple Dene is a six-acre parcel of land that consists of a two-acre playground, sports field and meadow, along with four acres of wooded hills, wetlands, and a brook.
- Both the developed aspects of the land and its natural qualities are used as a learning environment or outdoor classroom to enrich the curriculum with outdoor activities and adventures.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other special emphasis association(s)
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-6|
|Total Students||25 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1
National avg.: 13:1
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
PepperellGrades: PK-10 | 20 students
Po Box 679
Pepperell, MA 01463
NashuaGrades: NS-8 | 120 students
10 Groton Rd
Nashua, NH 03062
HollisGrades: NS-PK | 46 students
4 A Market Place
Hollis, NH 03049
GrotonGrades: 8-12 | 374 students
Po Box 991
Groton, MA 01450
TownsendGrades: K | 68 students
27 Main St
Townsend, MA 01469
April 21, 2017
Making your job application easy to read will help your application make the first cut.
April 20, 2017
Private high schools offer strong college counseling programs which are ongoing and fully integrated into the daily activities.
April 19, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.