- Marin Academy asks every individual to think, to question and to create.
- Our mission invites reflection and demands action, creating a vibrancy that captures your attention and imagination. Both in the classroom and outside of it, students strive to make a difference and put their education to work in the world.
- A great school's power and promise comes from its ability to transform students.
- At MA, we ask students to participate in their own transformation..
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
State or regional independent school association
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||440 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||61 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 9|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$45,755|
|Tuition Notes||Add approximately $600-$900 per year for books and fees|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Diane Boodrookas|
|Total Sports Offered||13 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Cycling, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Water PoloBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Cycling,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
- Marin Academy is a co-educational high school committed to scholarship and personal development. We see the high school years as a critically important time when students are discovering who they are, what they value, what they enjoy, and where they are headed. We want our students to develop the skills and knowledge that will serve them well now and in the future.
- At Marin Academy, we are committed to experiential education. We provide our students with a solid foundation in traditional academic subjects in a college-preparatory program, and we believe healthy, challenging experiences both inside and outside the classroom are essential for taking adolescents to and beyond intellectual and theoretical knowledge. Throughout, we promote critical thinking - informed, independent, collaborative and creative - as the hallmark of the Marin Academy experience. We expect participation and reflection to be active, inspired and sustained.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San Francisco Grades: 9-12 | 420 students
1563 Page St
San Francisco, CA 94117
(415)626-2919 15 9-12
- San Francisco Grades: 9-12 | 374 students
35 Keyes Avenue
San Francisco, CA 94129
(415)561-5800 13 9-12
- San Francisco Grades: 9-12 | 490 students
755 Ocean Ave
San Francisco, CA 94112
(415)585-1725 18.1 9-12