Marshall Christian Academy
- Marshall Christian Academy opened in August 2006 with Kindergarten thru 4th grade.
- Currently we have K2 through grade 9 with plans to add at least one grade per year will be added until the Academy reaches the 12th grade.
- The facility has 13 new classrooms, a gym, lunchroom, and a large outside baseball field/play area.
- Classrooms are wired to have computers, phones, and television. The Academy serves hot lunches each day cook on site.
- MCA offers Extended day both morning and afternoon for working parents.
- ABeka is the curriculum. Accelerated reading and star reading computer tests are part of MCA testing program.
- MCA is fully accredited by the Association of Christian Schools and AdvancedEd (formerly SACS).
- MCA offers basketball and cheerleading with plans to expand athletics as the school grows.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Southern Baptist Association of Christian Schools (SBACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||229 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Advanced Courses||Algebra 1, English 9,|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$3,500|
|Tuition Notes||See web page for tuition rates for all grades beginning with 2 year old kindergarten through grade 8|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Ed Rogers|
|Admissions Associate||Paige Pell|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, CheeringBasketball, Cheering,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||cheeerleading, Christmas and Spring Concerts, Community Credit Union, drama, Middle School First Friday Field Trips, Music, Piano Lessons|
- Marshall Christian Academy opened in August 2006 with Kindergarten thru 4th grade. At least one grade and possibly more per year will be added until the Academy reaches the 12th grade. The facility has 13 new classrooms, a gym, lunchroom, and a large outside baseball field/play area. Classrooms are wired and have computers, phones, and television. 28 acres of land has been purchased for school expansion and growth in the future. MCA will add 9th grade in the fall.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Altoona Grades: K-9 | 37 students
8224 County Highway 36
Altoona, AL 35952
(205)426-5606 16.3 K-9
- Cullman Grades: K-12 | 32 students
3151 AL Hwy 69N
Cullman, AL 35058
(256)796-2899 35.9 K-12
- Cullman Grades: PK-12 | 156 students
708 7th Street SW
Cullman, AL 35055
(256)734-0734 35.2 PK-12
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.
Here's a recap of the steps you need to follow to find the right school for your child. Work through the process in sequence from beginning to end.
Did you think that corporal punishment in our schools was extinct? Sadly, it isn't. Here are some facts and some suggestions as to what you can do to help eliminate corporal punishment once and for all.