Word Of God Academy
5.00 (2 reviews)
Tel: (318) 687-9003
EQUIPPING FUTURE GENERATIONS FOR BOTH LIFE AND ETERNITY" The purpose of Word of God Academy is to focus on the Ten Biblical Principles of Kingdom Education and to assist Christian parents in educating, equipping, and encouraging their children to embrace these principles; to strive for academic excellence and model Christ-like leadership in the home, church, and the community for the next generation. We are parents, educators and administrators who have a conviction that we shouldn't have to choose between an excellent education or a Christian environment.
We believe our children need and deserve both. Kingdom Education
We believe in parents and the importance of their involvement in their child's class and education and input in the school.
We want to partner with parents to raise students that are prepared to excel, lead, and impact the world for Christ.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Total Students||325 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Number of AP Courses||5 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Average ACT score||24|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,354|
|Tuition Notes||For 2013 school year, please go to the following link for updated tuition information: http://wogacademy.org/#/admissions/tuition-info|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Erin Curren|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Softball, Track and FieldBasketball, Cheering,|
Softball, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||11 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
4H Club, National Honor Society, National Junior Honor Society, Safety Patrol, Student Council
Arts and Music Programs:
Ensemble Choir, Guitar Ensemble, Percussion Ensemble, Piano/Voice, Worship Choir
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- EDUCATIONAL GOALS AND OBJECTIVESWord of God Academy (WOGA) exists because of the belief that Christian parents should have the opportunity to give their child a quality education based on Kingdom Education. Our school views itself as a ministry of Word of God Ministries and seeks to teach the greater Caddo Bossier - DeSoto community for Christ. Word of God Academy`s students will acquire wisdom, knowledge and a Biblical worldview as evidenced by a lifestyle of character, leadership, service, stewardship, and worship. Therefore, the aim of Word of God Academy is to aid each student to grow in understanding God and man; to develop one`s capabilities to the highest degree; to become mature and develop one`s capabilities to the highest degree; to become mature and complete and live life to its fullest in Christ.School Curriculum includes: Singapore Math, Accelerated Reader and Story Town, Summit Ministries Building on the Rock Bible Curriculum, Science Companion Science Lab, Physical Education provided by SpeedWorks Sports Academy, Art, Music, Spanish NONDISCRIMINATORY POLICYWord of God Academy admits students of any race, color, national or ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the academy. The academy does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admission policies, financial aid, and other academy-administered programs.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Shreveport Grades: K-12 | 716 students
9333 Linwood Ave
Shreveport, LA 71106
(318) 687-4923 2.4 K-12
- Shreveport Grades: PK-6 | 62 students
207 Idema St
Shreveport, LA 71106
(318) 688-9858 3 PK-6
- Shreveport Grades: PK-8 | 425 students
533 Ockley Dr
Shreveport, LA 71106
(318) 869-2361 6 PK-8
- Shreveport Grades: NS-8 | 227 students
947 Jordan Street
Shreveport, LA 71101
(318) 221-6005 7.4 NS-8
Our son struggled so much in the public school system. He was lost in a sea of students with wonderful, but completely overwhelmed teachers, an IEP that did nothing for him, and a school system that just wanted to push him through to the next grade level when he was not even remotely ready. Moving him to WOGA was the BEST decision we ever made. His reading comprehension levels, and confidence, soared after only a year at WOGA Upper School. He settled in so quickly. The students, faculty, and administration are phenomenal, responsive, and completely dedicated to our kids, their futures, and their spiritual foundations. We are three years in and looking forward to the next. I cannot possibly recommend WOGA enough. We are beyond happy with how much our son has benefited from the WOGA family.
- Posted by Parent - Lydia
Love this school! Our children receive great one on one attention in the small classes. The christian environment is warm & safe. Parent involvement is excellent!
- Posted by Parent - chRIS
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
Each state sets its own teacher certification requirements. While many private schools do not require you to be certified, it is in your best interests to obtain certification. This article includes contact information for state education offices so you can begin the process.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.