- Marvell Academy was founded in 1966. Marvell Academy is accredited by the Mississippi Private School Association and has been MPSA accredited since 1971.
- This school creates a nurturing environment that will foster knowledgeable, empathetic, strategic, self-directed, and physically fit individuals who will be able to function in society.
- Elementary students can participate in pee wee football, basketball and cheerleading.
- They compete locally in art, science and spelling contests, with many advancing to the MPSA district and state competitions.
- Students enjoy class parties, field trips, a Christmas musical, Spring operetta, Fall Festival and end-of-the-year Awards Assembly.
- Elementary also participates each year in the Math-a-Thon for St. Jude's Hospital and the Jump-a-Thon for the American Heart Association.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||193 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 13%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Marianna Grades: PK-12 | 242 students
973 Highway 243
Marianna, AR 72360
(870)295-3444 17.3 PK-12
- Marianna Grades: K-12 | 23 students
3712 Highway 1 S
Marianna, AR 72360
(870)295-6067 14.1 K-12
- Madison Grades: PK-8 | 150 students
1515 Sutherland Dr
Madison, TN 37115
(615)865-4575 265.7 PK-8
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.