- The mission of the faculty, administration, and Board of Directors of Desoto School, Inc., is to strive to serve the educational and social needs of its students through high quality instruction with emphasis on the college-bound student.
- The school will strive to promote character development and life skills in a safe environment while encouraging family participation.
- Success has been evidenced by the large number of DeSoto graduates who have entered college and are making a positive contribution to our society.
- The purpose of Desoto School is simply and directly stated as quality education.
- As DeSoto strives to achieve this objective, emphasis is given to helping students acquire a desire for knowledge and respect for learning, an understanding of our cultural heritage and respect for our country, a strong moral character, and a well-developed sense of personal responsibility.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||267 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 14%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Profile last updated:
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Marianna Grades: K-12 | 23 students
3712 Highway 1 S
Marianna, AR 72360
(870)295-6067 13.7 K-12
- Marvell Grades: PK-12 | 193 students
645 Hwy 243 North
Marvell, AR 72366
(870)829-2931 15.4 PK-12
- Marianna Grades: PK-12 | 242 students
973 Highway 243
Marianna, AR 72360
(870)295-3444 18.4 PK-12
- Jonestown Grades: K | 27 students
401 Main St
Jonestown, MS 38639
(662)358-4335 19.2 K
- Tunica Grades: PK-12 | 222 students
584 Academy Drive
Tunica, MS 38676
(662)363-1051 19.5 PK-12