Tel: (870) 572-6717
- The mission of the faculty, administration, and Board of Directors of Desoto School, Inc., is to strive to serve the educational and social needs of its students through high quality instruction with emphasis on the college-bound student.
- The school will strive to promote character development and life skills in a safe environment while encouraging family participation.
- Success has been evidenced by the large number of DeSoto graduates who have entered college and are making a positive contribution to our society.
- The purpose of Desoto School is simply and directly stated as quality education.
- As DeSoto strives to achieve this objective, emphasis is given to helping students acquire a desire for knowledge and respect for learning, an understanding of our cultural heritage and respect for our country, a strong moral character, and a well-developed sense of personal responsibility.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||267 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- West Helena Grades: PK | 8 students
127 S Coanza
West Helena, AR 72390
(870) 228-6926 0.8 PK
- Marianna Grades: K-12 | 28 students
3712 Highway 1 S
Marianna, AR 72360
(870) 295-6067 13.7 K-12
- Marvell Grades: PK-12 | 197 students
645 Hwy 243 North
Marvell, AR 72366
(870) 829-2931 15.4 PK-12
- Marianna Grades: PK-12 | 239 students
973 Highway 243
Marianna, AR 72360
(870) 295-3444 18.4 PK-12
- Jonestown Grades: K | 27 students
401 Main St
Jonestown, MS 38639
(662) 358-4335 19.2 K
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.