Matteson KinderCare Photo #5 - Students in the Prekindergarten classroom work on their letter "of the week"
Matteson KinderCare Photo #6 - Prekindergarten Classroom displaying their beautiful Mardi Gras masks
The staff here at Matteson's KinderCare have over 75 years of combined childcare experience.
Our mission is to have passionate teachers and confident parents.
We are going to ensure the best learning experience possible for you and your child.
- School Type: Early Childhood / Day Care
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Student Body Type
Finances and Admission
None / Rolling
- Welcome to KinderCare Learning Center in Matteson! We invite you to explore how grand our center is! Our program's foundation was created by a team of professional educators and designed to support each high point in your child's development. Our curriculum is based on the viewpoint that children learn best by hands on activities and playing. In addition to our over all curriculum, our preschool program features a strong focus on early literacy skills through letter introduction, phonics, and regular journaling activities.KinderCare's curriculum will grow with your child giving him/her the untimely learning skills needed to excel emotionally, socially, and most importantly educationally.
- The health and safety of our children is always our number one priority. Our outdoor playscapes for each age group in fenced in and our front entrance door has a key coded entry. All staff, children, and parents wash their hands upon arrival. Each teacher has a current First Aid/CPR certificate. We fingerprint and background check all employees upon hire, and we have additional ongoing trainings and professional development days for our teachers as well. Updated physicals and immunizations are check by our health nurse for accuracy. We have cleaning checklists that are completed in each classroom ensuring the sanitation of toys, etc, as well as having an outside cleaning company that comes in.
- Hours Of Operation: 6:00 AM to 6:30 PM, M-F
- Languages Spoken: Spanish
- Child care initiative, DCFS, NACCRRA (High Subsidy Center) Currently the average turn around on subsidy paperwork is approximately 12 weeks.
Endorse Matteson KinderCare. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
What A Teacher Does
A teacher wears many hats. Here's a look at her duties and responsibilities.
How Diverse Are Private Schools?
Decades ago private schools could have been accused of being elitist. You had to have money to attend. The student populations were fairly homogeneous. Fortunately that has changed.
Private School Job Searching 101
Here is a guide for teachers and administrators seeking employment in private schools. Think of it as a roadmap for the job search process.