Medical Center Nrsy School
Play based, early childhood center for children aged 2 - 4.5 years in Washington Heights.
Master Teachers, Airy Classrooms, Roof Playground. Half, Extended and Full Day programs.
Three day option for 2 year olds. NAEYC accredited. ISAAGNY member school.
Quick Stats (2023)
- School Type: Early Childhood / Day Care
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten
- Enrollment: 37 students
- Yearly Tuition: $23,430
- Acceptance rate: 90%
- Average class size: 12 students
- Application Deadline: Jan. 12 / rolling
- Source: Verified school update
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Summer School Offered
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 40%
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Jan. 12 / rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
Half day $17,770 (12:30), Extended (3:30) 23,430 Full Day (5:30) $29,870
% on Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid Grant
National avg.: 85%
- Through social interaction, children form relationships with each other and with their teachers. These relationships provide a foundation for early learning. Well trained, nurturing teachers introduce children to life in a community, where they learn to share space and materials. As the children interact comfortably with each other, teachers listen closely to children at play. Teacher observations guide curriculum choices and projects based on children`s interests and their social development. This process occurs best in an intimate, enriched environment designed to encourage collaborative play, exploration and problem solving.
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Medical Center Nrsy School cost?
Medical Center Nrsy School's tuition is approximately $23,430 for private students.
What is the acceptance rate of Medical Center Nrsy School?
The acceptance rate of Medical Center Nrsy School is 90%, which is higher than the national average of 79%.
When is the application deadline for Medical Center Nrsy School?
The application deadline for Medical Center Nrsy School is Jan. 12 / rolling (applications are due on Jan. 12 but additional applications are reviewed year-round as space permits ).
Endorse Medical Center Nrsy School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Children With Learning Differences: How To Proceed
Facing the reality that your child has learning differences is never easy. But with a diagnosis from a qualified professional, and skilled experienced teachers who know how to remediate those differences, your child can learn to handle her differences. More here.
Enrichment Resources For Children Ages 10-14
I asked ChatGPT to list apps, YouTube Channels, and podcasts suitable for enriching the studies of students ages 10-14. (We'll look at resources for younger and older students in another article.)
February 13, 2023Designing Assignments In The ChatGPT Era
AI (Artificial Intelligence), specifically ChatGPT, poses some serious challenges for teachers. We explore the importance of teaching students how to attribute the work and ideas of others.