Medical Center Nrsy School
- The Medical Center Nursery School is an independent, not-for-profit early childhood school located at the Columbia University Medical Center campus in the Washington Heights section of northern Manhattan. MCNS offers three program options available for each of the three classrooms: Explorers (starting at age 2), Pathfinders, and Trailblazers.
- History on the classroom names is archived here..
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
State or regional independent school association
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$695|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||$695 per week Full Day|
|Total Students||44 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$28,000|
|Tuition Notes||Full Day 8:00 - 5:45 Half Day 8:00 - 12:45 $16,250|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Associate||Denise Diaz|
- Early childhood education is based upon helping a child begin to understand and appreciate himself or herself, and to interact and communicate comfortably with others. Our school`s philosophy is that these developments are encouraged most effectively in a warm, intimate environment where young children play, interact, and learn under the guidance of nurturing, well-trained, and experienced teachers.
- The school's conviction of the value of play in the lives of young children is absolute. Young children typically integrate what is meaningful to them. They understand and remember new concepts and ideas that relate to their experiences, knowledge, and the skills they have already internalized. As a result, young children learn best by working with materials, engaging themselves with challenging problems that interest them, trying things and then trying again.
- People that viewed Medical Center Nrsy School also viewed these schools: Yeshiva Rabbi Samson Raphael Hirsch.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- New York Grades: NS-12 | 374 students
85-93 Bennett Ave
New York, NY 10033
(212) 568-6250 0.8 NS-12
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.