Memorial Lutheran School
5.00 (3 reviews)
Tel: (713) 782-4022
Memorial Lutheran School Photo #2 - Grades 1 to 4 participate in outdoor education at camps such as Camp Lone Star and Camp Forest Glen. Canoeing is just one part of the two-day adventure that includes science and nature, zip lining and archery.
Memorial Lutheran School Photo #3 - Band and Orchestra are offered in the music program, along with handbells, chimes and choir.
- Memorial Lutheran School is a classical Christian school offering programs for infants through 8th grade. We also offer a summer camp program. Memorial Lutheran School "builds a strong foundation" in music, language arts, Latin, math, science, writing and speaking, Bible teaching and daily Chapel. Enrichment classes that are part of the curriculum include physical education, art. Music lessons, dance, gymnastics, and various after school sports activities are offered to students in early childhood through middle school.
- Students learn beyond the classroom in outdoor education and class trips.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Lutheran Schools Accreditation|
|Religious Affiliation||Lutheran Church Missouri Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||196 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 38%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||35 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Advanced Latin, Advanced Math and English, Algebra 1, Biology|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Khaki pants, sweater vest for boys, plaid jumper or skirts for girls, navy dress sweater)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 1 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$10,500|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies with Early Childhood and Infants|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$4,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||LouAnn Webber|
|Admissions Associate||Grace Mwamba|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Soccer, Softball, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Softball, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Music Programs:|
Art Lessons, Drama/Musical, Orchestra, Piano Lessons
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Dance, Soccer Shots 3 to 5 year olds
- Building a Strong Foundation that produces successful learners and effective leaders
- Caring Christian teachers and staff
- Fine Arts - music and art (all classes), choir, orchestra, band (middle school); grades 1 through 4 may participate in the orchestra program
- Technology - Chromebooks in middle school, iPad cart for classrooms, interractive white boards in PK to 8th classrooms
- Athletics offered to students in grades 5 to 8 - soccer, volleyball, basketball, cheerleading, track and field, baseball and softball
- Physical Education for Early Start to 8th
- Early Childhood - Infants, Early Start
- Religious education and daily chapel
- Language Arts - spelling, writing, vocabulary, phonics, reading the classics
- Latin begins in 1st grade
- After school additional acitivities for children enrolled in after care
- Outdoor Education trip 1st-4th grades
- Academic competitions (Academic Quest and MathCounts)
- Nurturing environment for all of our children
- Top high school acceptances for our 8th grade graduates
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Houston Grades: 1-10 | 55 students
5822 Dolores Street
Houston, TX 77057
(713) 977-1221 0.2 1-10
- Houston Grades: PK-12 | 1412 students
201 Kinkaid School Dr
Houston, TX 77024
(713) 782-1640 2.1 PK-12
- Houston Grades: NS-8 | 853 students
2300 Willowick Rd
Houston, TX 77027
(713) 623-6938 2.4 NS-8
- Houston Grades: K-5 | 1431 students
2401 Claremont Ln
Houston, TX 77019
(713) 850-0222 3.1 K-5
My two children attended Memorial Lutheran School. The curriculum and enrichment programs truly prepared them for high school. i recommend Memorial Lutheran to any parent who wants their child to be in a smaller setting with more teacher to student time.
- Posted by Parent - Lwebb
I am strongly considering Memorial Lutheran School, for my grandson's education.
- Posted by Parent - divin
I could not ask for a better school for my son, he loves it,I love it, and the staff is wonderful!
- Posted by Parent - becky
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.