The Post Oak School
- The Post Oak School is an educational leader both among Houston`s top private schools and among the more than 5,000 Montessori schools across the country.
- Post Oak serves students from age 14 months through high school, and is one of the U.S.` oldest Montessori schools (the oldest in the Southwest and one of only four Houston schools with principles founded in AMI).
- We have attracted an accomplished team of faculty and staff and built a campus dedicated to learning.
- Our mission, our vision, our method, and our people are the means by which The Post Oak School helps shape consistently high achievers.
- At The Post Oak School, we help shape young people that are "equipped in their whole beings for the adventure of life, accustomed to the free exercise of their own will and judgment, illuminated by imagination and enthusiasm".
- At Post Oak, we help children understand the world, but not just because the world is infinitely interesting and learning is fun.
- We help them understand it so they`ll know how to make it a better place.
- We emphasize reading, math, and science because they open doors into the world.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Independent Schools Association of the South West (ISAS)
International Baccalaureate (IB) World School
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||522 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 35%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||22:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||28 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 18|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$20,460|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition ranges between $16320-26360|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$8,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Vivian Blum|
|Admissions Associate||Ceirro Robinson|
- School Tour Application and $100 application fee
- Student records and standardized exams, (if applicable)
- Class Visits - Kindergarten through 12th grade.
- Other information on our website: www.postoakschool.org
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- HoustonGrades: PK-12 | 611 students
4900 Jackwood St
Houston, TX 77096
- HoustonGrades: PK-8 | 855 students
2300 Willowick Rd
Houston, TX 77027
- HoustonGrades: PK-8 | 317 students
4711 McDermed Dr
Houston, TX 77035
- HoustonGrades: PK-12 | 1375 students
201 Kinkaid School Dr
Houston, TX 77024
- HoustonGrades: PK-8 | 377 students
3816 Bellaire Blvd
Houston, TX 77025
January 19, 2018
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
January 19, 2018
A fascinating look at where our first Presidents went to school.
January 18, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.