- Trafton Academy, a private non-parochial school for grades Pre-K-8, is located in the Southwest area of Houston.
- Our school serves families from the Bellaire, Bares Heights, West U, Meyerland, Willow Meadows, Medical Center, Southgate, and Sugar Land areas.
- We offer honors classes for the academically able and accelerated students.
- We also offer strong grade-level classes providing a main line curriculum.
- A child's character is of the utmost importance to us.
- We realize the significance of encouraging students to live a life of integrity, coupled with kindness, and accountability.
- These values, which are encouraged on a daily basis, will make them stronger students and better citizens.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Texas Association of Accredited Private Schools (TAAPS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||317 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 35%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||33 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 19 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||2016-17 Pre-K & Kinder: $8400 Grades 1-5: $9000 Grade 6: $9300 Grades 7&8: $9900 Sibling discount offered.|
|Admissions Director||Yvonne Cosgrove|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||16 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art, Band Lessons, Band Program, Book Buddies, Book Club, Book Fair, Choir Club, Dance Classes, debate, Journalism, National Junior Honor Society, Photography Club, PSIA, Soccer Club, Spanish, Spelling Bee Art, Band Lessons, Band Program, Book Buddies, Book Club, Book Fair, Choir Club, Dance Classes, debate, Journalism, PSIA, Soccer Club, Spanish, Spelling Bee, National Junior Honor Society,|
- Trafton focuses on what we consider to be the foundational subjects: reading, grammar, writing, and math. If a child has a strong foundation in these subjects, it will overflow into their science, social studies, geography, and foreign languages. Trafton offers the following subjects on a daily basis: reading, grammar, writing, math, history, science, Spanish (7th/8th graders only), computer science, and geography. We also offer p.e. on a daily basis along with a daily recess for the entire school. We firmly believe that the well-rounded student needs to be involved academically as well as with extracurricular activities such as: photography, bookclub, journalism, community service, cheer, spelling bee, and geography bee. Trafton competes in the Greater Houston Athletic Conference in the following sports: soccer, volleyball, basketball, baseball, softball, cross country, tennis, and track. Our students are also involved in PSIA academic competitions as well as National Junior Honor Society and Science Fair. Trafton Academy is a small school doing big things!
Profile last updated: 05/11/2016
September 05, 2017
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
September 05, 2017
Never lose sight of why you are planning to send your child to private school. This list of ten considerations will help you focus on the things which matter.
September 04, 2017
Use this hub to keep track of the steps in the private schools' admission process.