- Trafton Academy, a private non-parochial school for grades Pre-K-8, is located in the Southwest area of Houston.
- Our school serves families from the Bellaire, Bares Heights, West U, Meyerland, Willow Meadows, Medical Center, Southgate, and Sugar Land areas.
- We offer honors classes for the academically able and accelerated students.
- We also offer strong grade-level classes providing a main line curriculum.
- A child's character is of the utmost importance to us.
- We realize the significance of encouraging students to live a life of integrity, coupled with kindness, and accountability.
- These values, which are encouraged on a daily basis, will make them stronger students and better citizens. .
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Texas Association of Accredited Private Schools (TAAPS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||279 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 38%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||34 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 10|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$10,000|
|Tuition Notes||2018-2019 Pre-Kinder: $9,000 Kindergarten: $9000 Grades 1-5: $9900 Grade 6: $10,500 Grades 7&8: $11,100 Sibling discount offered.|
|Admissions Director||Yvonne Cosgrove|
|Total Sports Offered||11 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Soccer, Softball, Squash, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||20 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Book Buddies, Book Club, Book Fair, Chess Class, Choir Club, Coding Class, Community Service, Journalism, National Junior Honor Society, Odyssey of the Mind Team, Photography Club, PSIA, Robotics Club, Spanish
Arts and Music Programs:
Art, Band Lessons, Band Program, Choir Club, Spelling Bee
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- Trafton focuses on what we consider to be the foundational subjects: reading, grammar, writing, and math. If a child has a strong foundation in these subjects, it will overflow into their science, social studies, geography, and foreign languages. Trafton offers the following subjects on a daily basis: reading, grammar, writing, math, history, science, Spanish (7th/8th graders only), computer science, and geography. We also offer p.e. on a daily basis along with a daily recess for the entire school. We firmly believe that the well-rounded student needs to be involved academically as well as with extracurricular activities such as: photography, bookclub, journalism, community service, cheer, spelling bee, and geography bee. Trafton competes in the Greater Houston Athletic Conference in the following sports: soccer, volleyball, basketball, baseball, softball, cross country, tennis, and track. Our students are also involved in PSIA academic competitions as well as National Junior Honor Society and Science Fair. Trafton Academy is a small school doing big things!
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Houston Grades: NS-8 | 156 students
4005 Cheena Dr
Houston, TX 77025
(713) 664-3351 1.1 NS-8
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.