- Trafton Academy, a private non-parochial school for grades Pre-K-8, is located in the Southwest area of Houston.
- Our school serves families from the Bellaire, Bares Heights, West U, Meyerland, Willow Meadows, Medical Center, Southgate, and Sugar Land areas.
- We offer honors classes for the academically able and accelerated students.
- We also offer strong grade-level classes providing a main line curriculum.
- A child's character is of the utmost importance to us.
- We realize the significance of encouraging students to live a life of integrity, coupled with kindness, and accountability.
- These values, which are encouraged on a daily basis, will make them stronger students and better citizens.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Texas Association of Accredited Private Schools (TAAPS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||317 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 35%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||33 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 19 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||2016-17 Pre-K & Kinder: $8400 Grades 1-5: $9000 Grade 6: $9300 Grades 7&8: $9900 Sibling discount offered.|
|Admissions Director||Yvonne Cosgrove|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
Cheering, Cross Country,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||16 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art, Band Lessons, Band Program, Book Buddies, Book Club, Book Fair, Choir Club, Dance Classes, Journalism, National Junior Honor Society, PSIA, Photography Club, Soccer Club, Spanish, Spelling Bee, debate Art, Band Lessons, Band Program, Book Buddies, Book Club, Book Fair, Choir Club, Dance Classes, Journalism, PSIA, Soccer Club, Spanish, Spelling Bee, debate, National Junior Honor Society,
- Trafton focuses on what we consider to be the foundational subjects: reading, grammar, writing, and math. If a child has a strong foundation in these subjects, it will overflow into their science, social studies, geography, and foreign languages. Trafton offers the following subjects on a daily basis: reading, grammar, writing, math, history, science, Spanish (7th/8th graders only), computer science, and geography. We also offer p.e. on a daily basis along with a daily recess for the entire school. We firmly believe that the well-rounded student needs to be involved academically as well as with extracurricular activities such as: photography, bookclub, journalism, community service, cheer, spelling bee, and geography bee. Trafton competes in the Greater Houston Athletic Conference in the following sports: soccer, volleyball, basketball, baseball, softball, cross country, tennis, and track. Our students are also involved in PSIA academic competitions as well as National Junior Honor Society and Science Fair. Trafton Academy is a small school doing big things!
Profile last updated: 05/11/2016
May 24, 2017
The admissions essay is an important part of your child's admissions profile. Noodle Pros essay expert Kate Fishes offers some valuable tips about writing the admissions essay.
May 15, 2017
Many famous children have attended private schools. Here is a sampling of schools and the famous folk who graced their hallowed halls.
May 11, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.