Corpus Christi Catholic School
- Founded in 1959, Corpus Christi Catholic School has beenserving the educational needs of children and families fornearlysixty years.
- An accredited PreKindergarten 3through 8th grade school,located in southwest Houston.
- Focus on S.T.R.E.A.M. (Science, Technolgy, Religion,Engineering, Arts, and Mathematics). Students receive asolid, well rounded educaton in which critical thinking and writingskills are developed.
- A multi-sensory approach to teaching addresses the individuallearning styles of all students.
- Corpus Christi Catholic School is a diverse community committedto sharing our faith, and to challenging the whole child throughacademic excellence, physical development, and social-emotionalgrowth in a respectful and supportive environment.
- The uniqueness of Corpus Christi Catholic School is itsdedication to a personal and positive approach to learning anddiscipline, in partnership with parents, the primary educators oftheir children.
- Grounded in the values of the Catholic faith, the multiculturalschool community, adults and children alike, are challenged to livethe Gospel values.
- Our role as Catholic educators demands that we help children todevelop fully, not only intellectually, but also spiritually,physically, emotionally, and socially.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
State or regional independent school association
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||201 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 39%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||18 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Susan Miller|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Soccer,|
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess, Lego Robotics, National Junior Honor Society, Student Council
Arts and Music Programs:
Choir, Dance Classes, Piano Lessons
- Learning is fun at Corpus Christi Catholic School!
- A rigourous curriculum prepares tomorrow's leaders in asupportive and caring environment.
- The classrooms are differentiated in which teachers structuretheir time, resources and efforts to effectively meet the needs ofall students.
- Early Childhood- The Pre-K throughKindergarten environment develops social skills which encouragestudent to work together and respect one another. Thestudentsbecome familiar with books, new vocabulary, ways to use language,numbers and problem solving strategies. Through hands-on learningof core subject areas (reading, math, science, and social studies),students gain a sense of self, explore and build confidence.
- Elementary-The curriculum fosters a love forlearningthrough engaging lessons. Core curriculum contentareas are integrated across disciplines through the concept ofSTREAM, which fosters higher-level thinking skillsin daily instruction. Hands-on lessons nurture problem solvingskills and creativity.
- Middle School-Students continue to engage inSTREAM practices to master content. The scholarsare challenged daily to use their higher order thinking andreasoning skills in all subject areas while cultivating theircreativve abilities. Leadership skills are fostered as studentsthink critically to solve real-world problems.
Profile last updated:
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.