Corpus Christi Catholic School
- Founded in 1959, Corpus Christi Catholic School has been serving the educational needs of children and families for nearly sixty years.
- An accredited PreKindergarten 3 through 8th grade school, located in southwest Houston.
- Focus on S.T.R.E.A.M. (Science, Technolgy, Religion, Engineering, Arts, and Mathematics). Students receive a solid, well rounded educaton in which critical thinking and writing skills are developed.
- A multi-sensory approach to teaching addresses the individual learning styles of all students.
- Corpus Christi Catholic School is a diverse community committed to sharing our faith, and to challenging the whole child through academic excellence, physical development, and social-emotional growth in a respectful and supportive environment.
- The uniqueness of Corpus Christi Catholic School is its dedication to a personal and positive approach to learning and discipline, in partnership with parents, the primary educators of their children.
- Grounded in the values of the Catholic faith, the multicultural school community, adults and children alike, are challenged to live the Gospel values.
- Our role as Catholic educators demands that we help children to develop fully, not only intellectually, but also spiritually, physically, emotionally, and socially.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
State or regional independent school association
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||201 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 39%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||18 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Susan Miller|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Soccer,|
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess, Lego Robotics, National Junior Honor Society, Student Council
Arts and Music Programs:
Choir, Dance Classes, Piano Lessons
- Learning is fun at Corpus Christi Catholic School!
- A rigourous curriculum prepares tomorrow's leaders in a supportive and caring environment.
- The classrooms are differentiated in which teachers structure their time, resources and efforts to effectively meet the needs of all students.
- Early Childhood- The Pre-K through Kindergarten environment develops social skills which encourage student to work together and respect one another. The students become familiar with books, new vocabulary, ways to use language, numbers and problem solving strategies. Through hands-on learning of core subject areas (reading, math, science, and social studies), students gain a sense of self, explore and build confidence.
- Elementary-The curriculum fosters a love for learning through engaging lessons. Core curriculum content areas are integrated across disciplines through the concept of STREAM, which fosters higher-level thinking skills in daily instruction. Hands-on lessons nurture problem solving skills and creativity.
- Middle School-Students continue to engage in STREAM practices to master content. The scholars are challenged daily to use their higher order thinking and reasoning skills in all subject areas while cultivating their creativve abilities. Leadership skills are fostered as students think critically to solve real-world problems.
Profile last updated:
The Department of Homeland Security recently announced that it would enforce a 2017 policy of requiring visa applicants to list their social media handles. More about this and how it impacts international students wishing to attend American K-12 private schools.
We parents are responsible for expanding our children's horizons. We are responsible for showing and explaining things, concepts, and places they have never thought of. This article contains my roadmap for enriching your child's education.
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.