Al-Hadi School Of Accelerative Learning
- Al-Hadi School provides academic excellence in an Islamic environment that develops the mind, body, and soul, where behavior is highly stressed along with academic achievement.
Al-Hadi School Of Accelerative Learning places among the top 20% of private schools in Texas for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||246 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 39%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||40 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Number of AP Courses||7 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Average SAT score||1290|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Khaki pants and navy blue t-shirt)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,740|
|Tuition Notes||Elementary tuition: $5150 Middle school tuition: $5460|
National avg.: 85%
|Total Sports Offered||1 sport|
|Sports||Martial ArtsMartial Arts|
- In March of 1995 at the behest of the community members a " School Committee" was formed for the purpose of looking into establishing a year round school that would operate under Islamic principles. As work progressed, the Islamic Education Board (IEB) was formed, chaired by a Resident Scholar. The community`s vision and dream came to fruition when Al-Hadi School of Accelerative learning was established.On January 9th, 1996, the school opened its doors with a center-based environment prepared for 3-6 year olds. By August of that year, the school was ready to accept students in PreK-Grade5 in a regular educational program. In 2001, the school embarked on extensive renovations project. That year, the school added middle and high school classrooms, two science labs, a computer lab, a cafeteria and an auditorium. At the other end of the spectrum, the preschool added the Toddler classroom for children as young as 18 months in 2002. The preschool playground was modified to accommodate the needs of these youngest students. Further, the school continued to add grades each year until Al-Hadi School graduated its first class of Seniors in 2004. Over the years, the school continued to add to the facility and programs. The ESL program was introduced to cater to LEP (Limited English Proficiency) students. The Physical Education department added a basketball court, a small soccer field and elementary playground equipment, to provide increased opportunities for outdoor activity for students. In 1999, the hot lunch program was introduced to ensure healthy and nutritious meals were served to the students.In the area of extracurricular activities, the school began to compete in the annual SIM City Competition (part of the National Engineers Week program). In 1999, AHS team advanced to the National Competition and represented the school, in Washington, DC. Since then the school continues to participate in the contest. Al-Hadi has also competed yearly, in academic contests through the Private Schools Interscholastic Association (PSIA) since 2003, and has been placed 1st in both elementary and middle school divisions within its district over the last two years. Al-Hadi School passed a major milestone in 2001 when it was awarded accreditation by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (www.sacscasi.org). Six years later, in May 2007, the school was recognized as an "Exemplary School" based on the periodic Quality Review required by the association. Al-Hadi continues to maintain its accredited status.Today, Al-Hadi School maintains an average enrollment of 250+ students coming from all walks of life. It offers accelerated and advance placement courses. It is proud of student achievements in standardized exams STAAR, PSAT, SAT and ACT.Above all, the support of the community has not diminished but has continued to grow and become stronger. The high expectations has helped the school move to new levels with each passing year. School DemographicsAl-Hadi School is situated in Southwest Houston and caters to a diverse population that travels from many different areas of the city. The school enrolment averages around 275 students. Almost all students and staff and faculty speak one or more additional language other than English. Al-Hadi is currently serving 55% South Asians, 41% Arab, 2% Europeans, 1% African Americans, 0.5% Asian and 0.5% Hispanic.It is interesting to note that only 42% of Al-Hadi students live within a 10 miles` radius. 58% of the student body live outside the 10 miles` radius. Out of those 10% drive more than 20 miles to attend the school.30% of the student body come from low middle class homes. 59% come from middle/upper middle class and 11% come from affluent homes.The population is made up of mostly first generation Americans with parents who come from different parts of the world to settle in the United States. The majority of our parents are bilingual. Most of the parents have received formal education and possess a Bachelors or a Master`s degree. Some have professional degrees in law, dentistry or medicine. A few own their own businesses. Al-Hadi is a community supported school and has a very strong community involvement who is keen to help and support the children`s educational process. The school is never short of volunteers. All parents are very involved in their children`s education and in the community.Education is greatly valued by the members of the community and the Islamic Education Center and the members of the Islamic Education Board. Priority has been given to building a school building for the students at the new site, which will become operation in 2018.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Houston Grades: PK-12 | 315 students
11815 Adel Rd
Houston, TX 77067
(281)583-1984 15.2 PK-12
- Houston Grades: 9-12 | 1018 students
8900 Bellaire Blvd
Houston, TX 77036
(713)490-8108 3.5 9-12
- East Orange Grades: NS-12 | 277 students
215 N Oraton Pkwy
East Orange, NJ 07017
(973)672-4124 1416.6 NS-12
Al-Hadi School is Awesome! My son is at UH now, but started back in 2002 at Pre K. We build the foundation and now we don't have to worry about teaching him Halal and Haram or prayers as he could learn and practice now since he was a kid. The teachers are amazing and are always there for you. As soon as your kids walk in to school, everyone knows their names, and It has a family-like atmosphere with everyone. Now my little 2 kids go to Al Hadi 3 grades. Recommend to everyone because this is the best investment you can do for your child and when they grow older, you will realize that you made the best investment to your kids.
- Posted by Parent - Ali A Mitha
Al-Hadi School is amazing! The teachers are kind and are always there for you. It has a family-like atmosphere with everyone looking out for each other. The academic standards are also amazing with a 1470 as the average SAT score for the senior class. I would definitely recommend sending your kids here.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - LM
I can't say enough good things about the teachers, their enthusiasm and their unconditional love in shaping our kids future. fortunate to be a Alhadi parent
- Posted by Parent - Zaidi
My children love going to this school. It is a safe caring environment with a strong emphasis on achieving academic excellence and a well rounded character development. Excellent leadership and a very dedicated staff.
- Posted by Parent - SS
Great school environment, certified teachers, and freindly adninistration. Most importantly, the academic standard of this school is way above the public schools and other private schools, as it is evidenced by the standardized CAT scores. Highly recommend this school!!
- Posted by Parent - syeda
A safe and excellent Islamic educational environment to have a better foundation for future for your children.
- Posted by Administrator - princ