Westbury Christian School
- Westbury Christian School (WCS) is a private, Christian, co-ed, college-preparatory K3 through 12th grade school system.
- Westbury Christian School exists in order to provide each student with the opportunity to acknowledge and respond through faith to the Word of God while participating in an educational program which stresses academic, social, emotional and physical development.
- Westbury Christian School is open to students of all faiths, nationalities and ethnic origins.
- WCS boasts students from many nationalities and 11 foreign countries.
Upcoming Events and News
- Open House - Wed., December 02, 2020 - get more information!
- Open House - Sun., January 24, 2021 - get more information!
- Open House - Wed., February 03, 2021 - get more information!
- Open House - Wed., March 03, 2021 - get more information!
- Open House - Wed., April 07, 2021 - get more information!
- Open House - Wed., May 05, 2021 - get more information!
- ...read more
- New Guidance Director announced - 07/08/2020 - Dillard named new Guidance Director for Westbury Christian School.
- New Upper School Principal announced - 07/06/2020 - Former director of guidance is named as Upper School Prinicpal for Westbury Christian School.
- National Merit Finalist, Valedictorian - 07/01/2020 - Wang recognized as National Merit Finalist and Valedictorian
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Christian School Association (NCSA)|
State or regional independent school association
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||355 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 38%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||40 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Number of AP Courses||19 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Art, AP Biology, AP Calculus, AP Chemistry, AP Computer Science, AP English Language, AP English Literature, AP Human Geography, AP Macroeconomics, AP Microeconomics, AP Psychology, AP Spanish Language, AP Statistics, AP U.S. Government, AP U.S. History, AP World History|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Visit our school store or Landsend.com)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||For School Year 2020-2021, tuition range is $11,300-$17,000; International students in high school is $28,000.|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Amy Taylor|
|Admissions Associate||Dana Story|
|Total Sports Offered||11 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||11 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Interact Club, Math Club, National Art Honor Society, National Honor Society, National Jr. Honor Society, Student Ambassadors, Student Council
Arts and Music Programs:
Band, Choir, Drama Productions, Drum Line
- The goal at Westbury Christian School is to nurture and develop the whole child, academically, spiritually and socially. We believe that in order for students to thrive, all three of these dimensions and a supportive environment, both at school and at home, are required. To that end, we desire to develop a partnering relationship with parents in an effort to mentor students into the young men and women God created them to be. WCS strives to provide academic excellence and promote spiritual and social development at an affordable price for today`s families. The school is committed to continuing to improve in the three areas of its emphasis; spiritual, academic, and student activities. God has blessed the school with an experienced and credentialed faculty and administration and many fine families. These blessings have given us a united spirit and dedication which binds us together, promoting the good of Westbury Christian School.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Houston Grades: 9-12 | 944 students
9000 Bellaire Blvd
Houston, TX 77036
(713) 219-5400 3.9 9-12
- Houston Grades: 9-12 | 515 students
6700 Mount Carmel St
Houston, TX 77087
(281) 501-1298 10.9 9-12
As a Westbury parent, this school has been an excellent choice for our family. The safety protocols when we returned to school were expansive and detailed, yet efficient. The option for in-person or on-line learning was important for our family to make the best choice for our child. We love that all of our children can go to the same school from pre-school through twelfth grade. The teachers and staff are exceptional in that the academics are rigorous, but the kindness and care for the students is always first. Class sizes are small, so the students are known. We choose Westbury again and again.
- Posted by Parent - G. C.
Westbury Christian School (WCS) is a hidden gem that offers a college preparatory scholastics program in a loving Christian environment. The teaching staff/administrators go above and beyond to challenge each of my kids, at an individualized level, to ensure that they exceed their potential. WCS has a robust sports program that is open to all and offers a number of best-in-class extracurricular programs (band, robotics, theatre). We are so grateful that we discovered Westbury Christian School.
- Posted by Parent - Elizabeth Varjas
We love this school. We've been here 3 years and have 3 children here. Preschool, Elementary and Middle school have all been great. The teachers truly care about our kids. The school is focused on excellence, and it's evident in all they do. It's a quality experience; academically, spiritually and socially. We highly recommend WCS!
- Posted by Parent - J. Bruce
Our family moved to Houston in the middle of the school year. Our middle school girls (mom & dad, too) were nervous about a new school. Immediately, from the first phone call and then visiting the school, WCS felt like family. With small classroom sizes and personal teacher assistance, our girls felt like they had been at this school for a couple of years. The STEM program is amazing, as well!
- Posted by Parent - Bill S.
My wonderful neighbors are students at WCS, and I have been fortunate enough to be invited to several events there. The ambiance at the school is warm and welcoming from the moment one enters. Students and faculty alike are helpful in greeting visitors and giving directions. The diversity of the student body is a big plus, with students from all backgrounds. This is a positive attribute in preparing the students for living in the real world. It is obvious to me how happy my young neighbors are at WCS. They are always eager to go to school, and that says a great deal about the nature of the atmosphere and the education there. From my perspective, I heartily endorse Westbury Christian School! If I had known about WCS when my own children were of school age, I would certainly have considered sending them there. Five stars!
- Posted by Parent - Aunt Suzie
It's great to be a WCS WILDCAT!!! Our children have been a part of WCS since 2010. Our school is very diverse, with small class sizes and a wonderful sense of community. The teachers are excellent and provide a personal touch every chance they get. You become part of the family here and we look out for each other!
- Posted by Parent - SMC82
I am a parent of 2 WCS alumni and couldn't be happier with the education my son and daughter received while at Westbury Christian School. The excellence in academics, commitment to a Christian education and the inclusion of diversity has greatly benefited my children in their successes, not only in college but beyond as well. As a parent, I also appreciated the small class sizes and the personalized attention the kids received. I highly recommend Westbury Christian School to any parent looking for that hidden gem of a school!
- Posted by Parent - Lisa Rodriguez
I have 4 children at WCS - both in Lower and Middle School. The academic quality is incredible and the teachers are amazing. Strong community feeling and small class sizes. Personalized attention and 1 on 1 technology helps my children reach their full potential. So thankful we found Westbury Christian School!
- Posted by Parent - ChrisT
My 2 children have attended WCS for 5yrs. It is a wonderful school. The school does what it motto reads "Training children in Christ from here to Enternity". I LOVE this school and would highly recommended it. My children love going to school here. The class sizes are great and your children will benefit from the loving, nuturing, and professional staff. There is no other school that measures to WCS (where you will feel the love of Christ from the staff, teachers, chef, maintenance men, and administrators.) Your children feel engaged no matter what age with sports, chapel, and music. My own children not only excel in academics but character, and confidence. You do your job (parenting) and WCS does their job, your child will excel in academics, character, and sports. GOD BLESS WCS!!
- Posted by Parent - alanc