Westbury Christian School
5.00 (1 review)
- Westbury Christian School (WCS) is a private, Christian, co-ed, college-preparatory K3 through 12th grade school system.
- Westbury Christian School is open to students of all faiths, nationalities and ethnic origins.
- WCS boasts students from many nationalities and 11 foreign countries.
- Students learn how to live righteously while engaged in diverse social and athletic activities and challenging academic programs.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Christian School Association (NCSA)|
State or regional independent school association
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||415 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||50 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Number of AP Courses||19 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Art, AP Biology, AP Calculus, AP Chemistry, AP English Language, AP English Literature, AP Human Geography, AP Macroeconomics, AP Microeconomics, AP Psychology, AP Spanish Language, AP Statistics, AP U.S. Government, AP U.S. History, AP World History|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Visit our school store or Landsend.com)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||For School Year 2020-2021, tuition range is $11,300-$17,000; International students in high school is $28,000.|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Amy Taylor|
|Admissions Associate||Dana Story|
|Total Sports Offered||11 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||11 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Interact Club, Math Club, National Art Honor Society, National Honor Society, National Jr. Honor Society, Student Ambassadors, Student Council
Arts and Music Programs:
Band, Choir, Drama Productions, Drum Line
- The goal at Westbury Christian School is to nurture and develop the whole child, academically, spiritually and socially. We believe that in order for students to thrive, all three of these dimensions and a supportive environment, both at school and at home, are required. To that end, we desire to develop a partnering relationship with parents in an effort to mentor students into the young men and women God created them to be. WCS strives to provide academic excellence and promote spiritual and social development at an affordable price for today`s families. The school is committed to continuing to improve in the three areas of its emphasis; spiritual, academic, and student activities. God has blessed the school with an experienced and credentialed faculty and administration and many fine families. These blessings have given us a united spirit and dedication which binds us together, promoting the good of Westbury Christian School.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Houston Grades: 9-12 | 933 students
9000 Bellaire Blvd
Houston, TX 77036
(713)219-5400 3.9 9-12
- Houston Grades: 9-12 | 515 students
6700 Mount Carmel St
Houston, TX 77087
(281)501-1298 10.9 9-12
My 2 children have attended WCS for 5yrs. It is a wonderful school. The school does what it motto reads "Training children in Christ from here to Enternity". I LOVE this school and would highly recommended it. My children love going to school here. The class sizes are great and your children will benefit from the loving, nuturing, and professional staff. There is no other school that measures to WCS (where you will feel the love of Christ from the staff, teachers, chef, maintenance men, and administrators.) Your children feel engaged no matter what age with sports, chapel, and music. My own children not only excel in academics but character, and confidence. You do your job (parenting) and WCS does their job, your child will excel in academics, character, and sports. GOD BLESS WCS!!
- Posted by Parent - alanc
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.