Tel: (516) 483-7272
- At Merrick Woods Country Day School, we take into consideration the fact that each child is an individual, with different levels of ability, different potentials, and different background experiences.
- Basically, each child comes to us with different needs, motivations, and abilities.
- It is our challenge to meet these needs and create in each of them a positive self image along with the joy of learning.
- We provide an atmosphere conducive to each child's self expression.
- We provide potential success experiences that develop each child's self confidence.
- We do not compare children or their work. We give opportunities to use materials freely in a creative environment.
- This does not mean that children are to function without direction.
- We establish broad guidelines that are consistent for them to follow.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||165 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Cedarhurst Grades: PK-12 | 37 students
565 Park Avenue
Cedarhurst, NY 11516
(516) 285-1808 9.6 PK-12
- Merrick Grades: K | 58 students
10 Wynsum Ave
Merrick, NY 11566
(516) 378-6333 2.3 K
- Freeport Grades: K-8 | 111 students
50 N Main St
Freeport, NY 11520
(516) 546-2020 2.7 K-8
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.