The Children's Learning Center
Tel: (516) 378-2000
Established in 1948, our school has a well-earned reputation for outstanding education, evaluation and treatment services for children from birth to age 21 with a broad range of mild to severe disabilities, including speech/language delays, physical disabilities, and mental retardation.
Each child's program is individualized and closely monitored by a team of multidisciplinary professionals.
Preparation for inclusion, mainstreaming and maximum independence in the community is emphasized.
The CLC has a strong commitment to serving the entire family - mothers, fathers, siblings and grandparents.
Family meetings, tours, special events, and social work services are available and designed to support the family network.
A truly caring staff of special education teachers, clinicians, other professionals and support staff are ready to assist in every way possible.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Inquire with school|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||221 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||12 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- The Early Intervention Component
- The Early Intervention (EI) Program of the Children's Learning Center provides center-based educational and related services for children from birth to three years of age residing in Nassau County. ucpn is a recognized and approved early intervention provider of a comprehensive taxonomy of evaluation and treatment services. These services are provided on a twelve month basis for eligible children.
- Preschool Component
- The Preschool Program provides a multi-sensory approach to readiness skills for students ranging in age from three to five years. This program enhances and integrates the motor, cognitive, language, perceptual, and social areas of development in order to maximize optimal learning. An integral part of this program is ongoing parent contact that provides information and techniques to enable the parent to facilitate the learning process at home.
- School-Age Component
- Students in this division of our school range from five to twenty-one years of age. It is the largest component of our school with more focus on developing skills that allow for academic growth, maximum independence in functional ability, and transition to adulthood.
People that viewed The Children's Learning Center also viewed these schools: The Churchill School & Center, The Center For Developmental Disabilities, Mary McDowell Friends School, St. Francis De Sales School For The Deafin Brooklyn and Ascent School For Individuals With Autism.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- New York Grades: K-12 | 398 students
301 E 29th St
New York, NY 10016
(212) 722-0610 21.5 K-12
- Woodbury Grades: K-12 | 101 students
72 S Woods Rd
Woodbury, NY 11797
(516) 921-7650 11.1 K-12
- Brooklyn Grades: PK-8 | 83 students
260 Eastern Pkwy
Brooklyn, NY 11225
(718) 636-4573 20.2 PK-8
- Deer Park Grades: 2-12 | 21 students
819 Grand Blvd Ste 2
Deer Park, NY 11729
(631) 254-6100 15.1 2-12
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.
TLTR? There are a couple of private school documents which you need to read.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.