The Children's Learning Center
Established in 1948, our school has a well-earned reputation for outstanding education, evaluation and treatment services for children from birth to age 21 with a broad range of mild to severe disabilities, including speech/language delays, physical disabilities, and mental retardation.
Each child's program is individualized and closely monitored by a team of multidisciplinary professionals.
Preparation for inclusion, mainstreaming and maximum independence in the community is emphasized.
The CLC has a strong commitment to serving the entire family - mothers, fathers, siblings and grandparents.
Family meetings, tours, special events, and social work services are available and designed to support the family network.
A truly caring staff of special education teachers, clinicians, other professionals and support staff are ready to assist in every way possible.
- School Type: Special Education School
- Grades: Inquire with school
- Students: 221 students
- Average class size: 12 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Grades Inquire with school
Summer School Offered
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 41%
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Average Class Size
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
- The Early Intervention Component
- The Early Intervention (EI) Program of the Children's Learning Center provides center-based educational and related services for children from birth to three years of age residing in Nassau County. ucpn is a recognized and approved early intervention provider of a comprehensive taxonomy of evaluation and treatment services. These services are provided on a twelve month basis for eligible children.
- Preschool Component
- The Preschool Program provides a multi-sensory approach to readiness skills for students ranging in age from three to five years. This program enhances and integrates the motor, cognitive, language, perceptual, and social areas of development in order to maximize optimal learning. An integral part of this program is ongoing parent contact that provides information and techniques to enable the parent to facilitate the learning process at home.
- School-Age Component
- Students in this division of our school range from five to twenty-one years of age. It is the largest component of our school with more focus on developing skills that allow for academic growth, maximum independence in functional ability, and transition to adulthood.
Endorse The Children's Learning Center. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
With so much uncertainty in the world today and a pandemic further confounding our lives, it's reasonable for parents to want to protect their children whenever and wherever possible? But overprotecting or bubble-wrapping? Well, that's another matter.
December 16, 2021Get Your Act Together!
We take a look at the other college admissions test and offer some resources for test preparation.
December 15, 2021Why Small Class Sizes Work
You want your child to receive plenty of individual attention. That's one of the reasons most parents send their children to private school.