The Center For Developmental Disabilities
- The Center for Developmental Disabilities, established in 1958, is committed to the following mission: To help children and adults with differing abilities achieve their dreams by overcoming barriers to living, learning, working and recreating in the community of their choice.
- Founded in 1958 by parents of children with autism and/or developmental disabilities, today The Center serves more than 300 children and adults with differing abilities.
- It is committed to helping each person achieve their dreams.
- The Center for Developmental Disabilities is committed to its mission of helping children and adults with differing abilities achieve their dreams by overcoming barriers to living, working, learning and enjoying recreational opportunities in the community of their choice.
- The Center for Developmental Disabilities is committed to it's mission of helping children and adults with differing abilities achieve their dreams by overcoming barriers to living, working, learning and enjoying recreational opportunities in the community of their choice.
- Our goal is to provide quality educational programming in order to increase every students' level of independence so he or she is able to participate more effectively in the community.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other associations(s) for exceptional children|
Other school association(s)
|Total Students||99 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- New YorkGrades: UG | 185 students
25 W 17th St
New York, NY 10011
- WoodburyGrades: 6-12
260 Crossways Park Dr., Suite A
Woodbury, NY 11797
- Glen HeadGrades: PK | 232 students
189 Wheatley Rd
Glen Head, NY 11545
- RooseveltGrades: NS-12 | 260 students
380 Washington Ave
Roosevelt, NY 11575
- New YorkGrades: K-12 | 396 students
301 E 29th St
New York, NY 10016
Nearby Homes for Sale
January 16, 2018
Part of the private school selection process is financial aid. We point out five issues about which you should be aware.
January 16, 2018
We look at why tuition costs vary so widely from school to school.
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.