Messiah Lutheran School
5.00 (10 reviews)
Messiah Lutheran School Photo #2 - Our middle school students have access to a state-of-the-art science lab.
Messiah Lutheran School Photo #3 - 4th grade students participating in the international event, Hour of Code. Employees from Amazon Web Services came to host the event.
Messiah Lutheran School Photo #4 - Each year our second grade students participate in Colonial Day, a trip back in time to Colonial America. They get to use a real weaving loom, make muffins and lemonade from scratch, and do a manners scavenger hunt.
Messiah Lutheran School Photo #5 - Our teachers don't take themselves too seriously. The students love knowing that anything is possible at Messiah! Even Curious George showing up!
Messiah Lutheran School Photo #6 - Hands on learning in Kindergarten is what we do! We are not afraid to get messy at Messiah!
Messiah Lutheran School Photo #7 - Every year we have two musicals. One put on by our 3rd, 4th, and 5th graders, and one put on by our middle school students. We love showcasing these talented young actors and singers!
- At Messiah Lutheran School we live to discover and share the love of Jesus Christ through a quality Christian education. We advocate this mission daily by providing exceptional Christian teachers who are passionate about meeting the needs of their students, by providing a warm and caring environment that promotes learning and Christian living, and by achieving high quality learning resulting from effective instruction and relevant curriculum.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Lutheran Schools Accreditation|
|Religious Affiliation||Lutheran Church Missouri Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2013|
|Total Students||322 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||19 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Khaki pants and polo, plaid skirts and jumpers)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,195|
|Tuition Notes||Non-church members pay facility fee of $1000 a year.|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Cat Van Hook|
|Admissions Associate||Charmaine Furman|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Cross Country, Soccer,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||10 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Baking Club, Quiz Bowl Team, Robotics Team, Student Ambassador Program, Student Council, Yearbook Committee
Arts and Music Programs:
Concert Band, Musical Productions, Praise Team, Strings Program
- Enrollment is approximately 325 students.
- As Messiah Lutheran School continues to grow we maintain a low student to teacher ratio by adding new classes and teachers in each grade as number of students increase. The average student to teacher ratio at Messiah is 19:1.
- Messiah Lutheran School first opened its doors in 1996. It's growth has exceeded all expectations and in 2007 a major expansion of the school was completed to accommodate the growing student body and deliver the best educational environment possible for our students.
- Messiah Lutheran School is fully accredited through National Lutheran School Accreditation, North-Central Accreditation, and Missouri Non-Public School Accreditation. The accreditation team evaluating our school stated that Messiah`s strength is the loving Christian atmosphere, where classrooms are well-managed and faculty and students support one another.
- Messiah Lutheran School received the National Blue Ribbon Award in 2013. The National Blue Ribbon Schools Program recognizes public and private elementary, middle, and high schools based on their overall academic excellence.
- Messiah Lutheran School annually administers the Iowa Achievement Tests to 3rd - 8th graders. Messiah students consistently score several grade levels above where they are, and show improvement each year.
- Teachers at Messiah Lutheran School meet or exceed requirements that include Bachelors or Masters degrees in Education.
- Messiah Lutheran School offers pre-school programs for children
starting at age two. Our Early Childhood Program is flexible.
There are multiple choices available to fit the needs of our
families. These options include:
- 8:15-11:30AM Half day program: traditional AM preschool
- 8:15AM-3:05PM School day program: traditional AM preschool with enhanced PM program (including lunch, nap, and afternoon activities)
- Supervised care before or after school is available for all ages for a nominal fee. Before care begins at 6:30AM and after care goes until 6:00PM. Parents should contact the school office to learn more about this program.
- In addition to teaching Christian values and delivering a strong academic education, Messiah Lutheran School also strives to support the emotional, social and physical development of our students. A variety of extracurricular programs are available that include school musical productions, and sports leagues for soccer, cross-country, track, basketball, volleyball, and cheerleading as well as enrichment programs such as robotics and quiz bowl teams. We also offer band, a strings program, baking club, yearbook, and weekly art classes.
- For more information, contact the school office at 636-329-1096 to request more information or to request a visit with our Director of Admissions and a tour of the school.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Saint Charles Grades: PK-8 | 529 students
3866 S Old Highway 94
Saint Charles, MO 63304
(636)441-7424 4.5 PK-8
- Saint Charles Grades: PK-8 | 421 students
619 N 2nd St
Saint Charles, MO 63301
(636)946-6127 10.9 PK-8
- Saint Charles Grades: PK-8 | 527 students
115 S 6th St
Saint Charles, MO 63301
(636)946-0051 10.4 PK-8
- Saint Charles Grades: K-8 | 198 students
431 Decatur St
Saint Charles, MO 63301
(636)946-2713 10.9 K-8
We have two daughters that currently attend Messiah, one in 3rd grade and one in kindergarten. Both girls have been with Messiah since preschool, and they have loved the school since Day One. Teachers genuinely care for the children, caring for them as if they were their own. We can tell that the teachers want our children to excel, both in academics and in faith. The teachers are kind to parents as well. Teachers wave to me or say "hi" to me, even when they don't have to! How awesome is that?!?!We are thankful for the opportunities that Messiah is providing to our daughters - religion, acedemics, music, art, fellowship, friendship, and so much more!
- Posted by Parent - Cheerful Messiah Mom
I truly can`t speak highly enough of Messiah. My twins are in first grade at Messiah and have attended school there since pre-K. Every teacher at the school goes above and beyond to make sure the students are getting the best possible education while also instilling in them the importance of a Christ-centered life. It is a warm and welcoming place where the students feel truly connected to each other and the staff.
- Posted by Parent - Hart family
My family and I couldn't be happier with Messiah. Our children started in the preschool, and are now in grades 1 and pre-K. The teachers are incredibly caring and instill this love and compassion in their students. Last week, Mrs. Smith (principal) helped my son peel his orange at lunch! The faculty and staff are the best around. My kids are receiving a wonderful education, but it is so much more than that. Every time I walk in the school, I witness the compassion the students have for each other. Messiah encourages children to lead by example, help others, and have a love for everyone, regardless of our differences. Most schools will provide quality education, but Messiah teaches students how to be loving and caring young adults. My own are becoming well-rounded, considerate and loving children. Additionally, they are excelling academically because of the curriculum, teachers, and after school activities. My first grader is in the STEM and LEGO clubs, and my pre-Kindergartner is learning to read and write. They love going to school, and that makes me very happy. If my children could attend Messiah through high school, I would sign them up!
- Posted by Parent - Alyssa M.
Our family has been a part of Messiah for eight years now, and I could not be happier with this school. It is not just a school, but a family to us. The staff and families there really know us and have been there for us through thick and thin. I have never experienced a community like this anywhere else. I'm so thankful for the Messiah!
- Posted by Parent - Mrs. V
We absolutely love Messiah!! There is really something special about this school. Where else do you see 5th, 6th, 7th graders holding doors open for younger kids and vice versa (on their own just because they want to)? This is exactly what I saw on the first day my daughter started school there and that's exactly what I've seen in the many years since then. These kids are taught to respect each other and show God`s love no matter what grade or age. The teachers and staff have a genuine love of God, teaching and for the kids. In addition, my daughter consistently tests above her grade level in most subjects on her yearly assessment tests. I love that she gets to learn in a loving and fun environment. In addition, the school is its own community. Even though we don`t attend church there, Messiah isn`t just a school, it`s a community. We have made so many friends there that have become like family to us.
- Posted by Parent - Messiah Mom
Messiah is an absolutely terrific school, and we highly recommend it. Not only is Messiah Lutheran a national Blue Ribbon School with outstanding academic achievement of its students, but the environment is also unique with smaller class sizes and teachers who tap into creativity and curiosity as a tool for learning. We are very pleased to send our boys to Messiah.
- Posted by Parent - Dane
My wife and I are so thankful for the Messiah and what they offer to our son and daughter. Our children have thrived academically and spiritually through Messiah's curriculum. Compliments are plentiful but I have personally been grateful for the communication that both administration and teachers display. It's so nice to walk the halls and people know you by name along with your children. In today`s culture, that small-town feel is so refreshing. I highly encourage anyone looking for a strong Christian school to inquire with Messiah`s admission department.
- Posted by Parent - John
We could not be more pleased with the education our two daughters are receiving at Messiah! The teachers and faculty are outstanding and there is such a wonderful sense of community among parents, students, and staff! I would highly recommend Messiah to anyone looking for a quality Christian school.
- Posted by Parent - Kelly
We have had three children at Messiah, two have graduated and were so sad to leave upon graduation. Every one of my children has enjoyed their experiences at Messiah and they have received a top rated education! My older two went on to a private high school where the teachers readily commented that MLS students are definitely well prepared to handle the rigors of the college-prep curriculum at the HS level, especially in writing and biblical knowledge as compared to other students coming in from other schools. We love the fun, loving and christian environment at Messiah, where they strive to walk in the ways of Christ and encourage the student body to do so as well. We have been extremely pleased to call Messiah our children's "second home" for the past 8 years. We are sad that we will only have one more year with our youngest there, but we will always have happy memories and know that our children all have a strong christian base and great education to build the rest of their lives upon. Thank you, Messiah Lutheran School!
- Posted by Parent - Floyd Family
My Family loves Messiah! Not only are the teachers amazing but all of the staff are very involved with day to day activities with both of my girls. They all really go above and beyond to make my kids feel special.
- Posted by Parent - Brook
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.
Here's a recap of the steps you need to follow to find the right school for your child. Work through the process in sequence from beginning to end.
Did you think that corporal punishment in our schools was extinct? Sadly, it isn't. Here are some facts and some suggestions as to what you can do to help eliminate corporal punishment once and for all.