Messiah Lutheran School
- The mission of Messiah Lutheran School is living to know and share the love of Jesus Christ, while providing a quality education where children experience success! We advocate this mission daily by providing exceptional Christian teachers who are passionate about meeting the needs of their students, by providing a warm and caring environment that promotes learning and Christian living, and by achieving high quality learning resulting from effective instruction and relevant curriculum.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Lutheran Schools Accreditation|
|Religious Affiliation||Lutheran Church Missouri Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2013|
|Total Students||356 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 19%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||19 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||19 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Khaki pants and polo)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,725|
|Tuition Notes||Non-church members pay facility fee of $1100 a year.|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Molly Renken|
|Admissions Associate||Charmaine Furman|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Cross Country, Soccer,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Quiz Bowl Team, Robotics Team, Student Council, Yearbook Committee
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Camp, Concert Band, Musical Productions, Praise Team, Strings Program
- Enrollment is approximately 350 students.
- As Messiah Lutheran School continues to grow we maintain a low student to teacher ratio by adding new classes and teachers in each grade as number of students increase. The average student to teacher ratio at Messiah is 17:1.
- Messiah Lutheran School first opened its doors in 1996. Its growth has exceeded all expectations and in 2007 a major expansion of the school was completed to accommodate the growing student body and deliver the best educational environment possible for our students.
- Messiah Lutheran School is fully accredited through National Lutheran School Accreditation, North-Central Accreditation, and Missouri Non-Public School Accreditation. The accreditation team evaluating our school stated that Messiah`s strength is the loving Christian atmosphere, where classrooms are well-managed and faculty and students support one another.
- Messiah Lutheran School received the National Blue Ribbon Award in 2013. The National Blue Ribbon Schools Program recognizes public and private elementary, middle, and high schools based on their overall academic excellence.
- Messiah Lutheran School annually administers the Stanford 9 Achievement Tests. The average score for Messiah students is at the 79th percentile, well above the average of 50% for schools nationwide.
- Teachers at Messiah Lutheran School meet or exceed requirements that include Bachelors or Masters degrees in Education.
- Messiah Lutheran School offers pre-school programs for children
starting at age three. Our Early Childhood Program is
completely flexible. You can decide which days you want your child
to attend and also decide how long they stay. These options
- 8:30-11:30AM Half day program: traditional AM preschool
- 8:30AM-3:15PM School day program: traditional AM preschool with enhanced PM program (including lunch, nap, and afternoon activities)
- 7:00AM-3:15PM Extended School Day Program: before school care, traditional AM preschool with enhanced PM program (including lunch, nap, and afternoon activities)
- 7:00AM-6:00PM Full day program: before school care, AM preschool, enhanced PM program, and after school care
- Supervised care before or after school is available for all ages for a nominal fee. Parents should contact the school office to learn more about this program.
- In addition to teaching Christian values and delivering a strong academic education, Messiah Lutheran School also strives to support the emotional, social and physical development of our students. A variety of extracurricular programs are available that include school musical productions, and sports leagues for Soccer, Cross-Country, Track, Basketball, and Volleyball as well as enrichment programs such as robotics and quiz bowl teams.
- For more information, contact the school office at 636-329-1096 to request more information or to request a visit with our Director of Admissions and a tour of the school.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Saint CharlesGrades: PK-8 | 376 students
3866 S Old Highway 94
Saint Charles, MO 63304
- Saint PetersGrades: PK-8 | 180 students
1610 Willott Rd
Saint Peters, MO 63376
- Saint PetersGrades: PK-12 | 138 students
Po Box 1668
Saint Peters, MO 63376
- Lake Saint LouisGrades: KG | 7 students
1799 Lake Saint Louis Blvd
Lake Saint Louis, MO 63367
- Saint CharlesGrades: KG-8 | 49 students
4689 N Highway 94
Saint Charles, MO 63301
January 16, 2018
Part of the private school selection process is financial aid. We point out five issues about which you should be aware.
January 16, 2018
We look at why tuition costs vary so widely from school to school.
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.