Metro Christian Academy
5.00 (1 review)
- Founded on biblical principles, MCA provides an education thatcultivates character and equips students to excel in and beyond theclassroom.
- With a student-teacher ratio of 18-1, Metro offers challengingacademic programs and a wide variety of co-curricularactivities.
- Academic services range from AP and honors courses, dualenrollment, foreign language studies to programs assisting studentswith diverse learning needs.
- As a member of the OSSAA, activities include state recognizedfine arts and athletic programs, honor societies, and leadershipdevelopment. For more information contact our admissions office at918-745-9868 ext.164 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||AdvancED|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||898 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||86 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Number of AP Courses||14 courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Art, AP Biology, AP Calculus, AP Chemistry, AP Drawing, AP European History, AP French, AP Language & Composition, AP Literature & Composition, AP Physics, AP Spanish, AP Statistics, AP U.S. History, AP World History,|
|Average ACT score||26|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 12 / rolling|
|Admissions Director||Jana Annett|
|Admissions Associate||Shannon Duncan|
|Total Sports Offered||12 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||12 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Book Club, Choir, FCA, Jazz Band, M-Pact/Key Club, Musical Productions, NAHS, NHS, NSHS, Robotics, Show Choir, Student Council Book Club, Choir, FCA, Jazz Band, NAHS, NHS, NSHS, Robotics, Show Choir, M-Pact/Key Club,|
- Metro Christian Academy is an accredited, college-preparatoryChristian school serving preschool through twelfth grade. Foundedon biblical principles, MCA provides an education that cultivatescharacter and equips students to excel in and beyond theclassroom.
- Facilities: Located on a secure 52-acre campus, all studentsattend classes in one facility. Amenities include innovativescience labs, a new STEM lab, athletic performance center,auditorium, two lunchrooms, three gymnasiums, an indoor baseballfacility and a new 12,000-square-foot indoor activities building.The campus also has athletic fields for football, baseball, soccerand track.
- Educational Approach: Metro Christian Academy isChrist-centered and student-focused, offering rigorous academicprograms and competitive co-curricular activities preparingstudents to excel intellectually, spiritually, physically andsocially. MCA is committed to developing Christian leaders equippedto have a positive impact on the world.
- Programs Offered: Advanced Placement and honors classes;dual-enrollment courses through Colorado Christian University; signlanguage, Spanish, French and Chinese languages. As a member of theOSSAA, co-curricular activities include state-recognized music,debate, drama and arts programs; leadership development; honorsocieties; and championship-level athletics. There are alsomultiple service-focused organizations and mission opportunities.Elementary curriculum includes all Core Subjects as well as Art,Spanish, Music, Physical Education, Chapel and STEM.
- In 2014, Metro Christian Academy was recognized as one of The50 Best Christian High Schools in America by thebestschools.org.Metro also receivedTulsa World`s "Best in the World!" Awardfor the Best Private School.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- TulsaGrades: PK-12 | 995 students
5666 E 81st
Tulsa, OK 74137
- TulsaGrades: PK-12 | 1145 students
7700 South Lewis Avenue
Tulsa, OK 74136
- TulsaGrades: PK-12 | 239 students
8720 E. 61st St.
Tulsa, OK 74133
- TulsaGrades: PK-8 | 860 students
2206 S Lewis Ave
Tulsa, OK 74114
- TulsaGrades: 6-12 | 546 students
2520 S Yorktown Ave,
Tulsa, OK 74114
Our children have thrived at Metro Christian Academy. The classes are small, the teachers are great and the community is warm and welcoming. You get that small town atmosphere in a big city school. Highly recommend.
- Posted by Parent - Parent
September 05, 2017
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
September 05, 2017
Never lose sight of why you are planning to send your child to private school. This list of ten considerations will help you focus on the things which matter.
September 04, 2017
Use this hub to keep track of the steps in the private schools' admission process.