Monte Cassino School
5.00 (6 reviews)
Tel: (918) 746-4238
Monte Cassino School Photo #2 - The learning doesn't stop when the bell rings at Monte Cassino. We offer many enriching extra-curricular clubs and classes such as: rocketry, robotics, lego club, chess club, student leadership, academic bowl, musical theater, science explorers, math masters and more.
Monte Cassino School Photo #3 - Monte Cassino is proud of its three, well-stocked libraries, each with thousands of age appropriate volumes and many options for research-based learning. Our librarians go above and beyond to instill a love of reading and literature by offering book clubs, author visit and more.
- Founded in 1926, Monte Cassino School is a premier private independent school with a powerful Benedictine identity and message.
- As a school, Monte Cassino classes rank at the 97th percentile or above when compared to all schools, public or private, across the United States.
- Monte Cassino programs serve students from three-year-olds to eighth grade and encourage social and moral development wirhin a strong community.
- In addition to the academic, community and social connections that Monte Cassino students develop, a myriad of opportunities exist for foreign language instruction, fine arts, innovative and applied sciences, athletics and individualized approaches for gifted and talented learners.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||807 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||53 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||13 students|
|Advanced Courses||Elementary CADRE, Pre-AP English, Pre-AP Math, Pre-AP Social Studies|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$11,150|
|Tuition Notes||Pre-K $6,900 ES-$10,950- $11,400 MS - $11,600|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Brooke Jones|
|Endowment Size||$8 million|
|Total Sports Offered||12 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Flag Football, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Flag Football, Football,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||19 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Academic Bowl, Book Clubs, Boy Scouts of America, Chess Club, Coding Class, Drone Club, Girl Scouts of America, Lego Club, MakerSpace, Math Masters, Robotics Team, Rocketry Club, Student Council, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Guitar Lessons, Musical Theater, Young Rembrandts
Recreational Athletic Programs:
B.O.A.S.T., Strength and Conditioning
- Academic excellence, whether it be innovative curriculum that challenges students minds or special programs that insure the highest level of success for each student, forms the cornerstone of the academic experience at Monte Cassino. Add state-of-the-art libraries and technologically enhanced classrooms and you have an environment that provides students with all the elements necessary for academic success.
- Approximately 70% of Monte Cassino sixth grade students qualify for the Duke TIP, which requires them to score in the 95th percentile on standardized tests. Our eigthth graders graduate with a grade level equivalency of a 12th grader. Monte Cassino's Academic Bowl upholds quite a legacy. All of our middle school classes challenge and prepare our students for public or private high schools. In fact, many freshman and graduates of Monte Cassino routinely tell us that 9th grade is easier academically than 8th grade at Monte Cassino. This academic preparation gives them confidence and allows them to grow not only academically, but also socially and developmentally. Several Monte Cassino classes count as high school credit at Oklahoma public schools, due to the rigorous course content and teachers with high school credentials.
- Religion classes at Monte Cassino are action and values-based, reflecting the core Benedictine values and putting those values into action. This includes more than 1000 community service hours each year.
- Monte Cassino's vibrant PTO has many community building events throughout the year, including picnics, carnivals, holiday-themed parties and fundraisers.
- Administration & Board
- Monte Cassino has been owned and operated by the Benedictine Sisters since 1926. The School Director and the School Board Chairman are appointed by the Benedictine Prioress, the head of the Benedictine Community. Both the School Director and Board Chairman work with the Principals of the Early Childhood Learning Center, Elementary School, and Middle School to ensure both the highest educational standards and a safe, nurturing environment in which students can excel. In addition, these administrators interact closely with all Monte Cassino Heads of Departments: Admissions, After School Care, Athletics, Business Office, Development, Records and Technology.
- The Benedictine Sisters share their communal life of prayer and their love for God with the school community. The School Board, in consultation with the monastic council, provides policies, guidance and support to the administration as they focus on bringing the Monte Cassino mission to each student by planning the best educational system possible, empowering dedicated employees, and benefiting from the wisdom of parent communication.
- Oklahoma State Department of Education
- Roman Catholic Diocese of Tulsa
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Tulsa Grades: PK-12 | 925 students
5666 E 81st
Tulsa, OK 74137
(918) 481-1111 6.4 PK-12
- Tulsa Grades: NS-8 | 451 students
1519 S Quincy Ave
Tulsa, OK 74120
(918) 584-4631 1 NS-8
- Tulsa Grades: NS-12 | 543 students
2433 W 61st Street
Tulsa, OK 74132
(918) 446-3553 5.2 NS-12
I have taught at Monte Cassino for many years. I love the spirit of this community. It is a caring, loving group of students, parents, teachers and administration all working together to do the best for all of our students. Our motto says it all....Every day at Monte Cassino we do our best, so that is all things God may be glorified.
- Posted by Teacher - Teacher
My sons attended Monte Cassino middle school, went on to graduate from Booker T Washington high school with IB diplomas (International Baccalaureate) and then both to private universities with scholarships. They freely admit that it was the strength of the middle school that let them be so successful for the rest of their education. I can't thank Monte Cassino enough for giving them such a great foundation.
- Posted by Parent - Proud mom
Monte Cassino is hands down, the best Independent Catholic school in Tulsa. All of our kids started Monte in the 3 year old program. Our oldest child is getting ready to finish her time at Monte and we are confident that she is ready to tackle High School because of the preparation she received here. In addition to the rigors of the academics, Monte Cassino underpins the school experience with Benedictine values. We wanted a place that could balance the academic side with teaching our kids about faith. We are a Catholic family, but appreciate the fact that since the founding of the school, children of all faiths have been welcomed here. For a K-8 school, Monte has a robust Athletics program providing opportunities for kids of all abilities. Our kids have enjoyed after school programming like Science Explorers and Makerspace. Our oldest has taken advantage of the after school study hall offered (at no charge) to Middle School students. The teachers are caring and work tirelessly to make sure your child is ready for High School. We are so glad we have been a part of the Monte Cassino family for the past 11 years!
- Posted by Parent - Cindy
My boys have been at Monte since the PreK 4's program. We thoroughly enjoyed our time in the ECLC, but did consider leaving to go to Eisenhower for the immersion program. When considering EIS and other schools, I told my husband that we should also look into what Monte offered... beyond the ECLC. We called and set up an appt with (then headmaster) Matt Vereeckee and Brooke Jones who spent a full two hours taking us through the Elementary and Middle Schools, answering every question we had and absolutely blowing our minds with the science labs, after-school specialty programs, in-school bonus programs, extracurricular, sports, support and more! Truly, the 6th grade project where the kids free-draw the world with labels is incredible. And it's things like that which make Monte so special... just when you think it may be too much or your kid thinks it's too much, those teachers are there to help and support them all along the way. We are so happy that we chose to stay at Monte and not transfer out. Now at the Elementary, both of my boys have found their places and absolutely love going to school every day. Yes, every day! As a parent, I have so enjoyed watching their confidence grow in and out of the classroom. School values are very in line with our home values, so I trust that when they are away, the teachers and staff take the extra time to focus on the values of what they`re teaching instead of just getting through the day. The teachers love what they do and it shows through their students. One of my favorite things to do is stand in the hallway as the school day finishes and watch the kids and teachers say their goodbyes. It`s very special to witness their sincere expressions of gratitude for one another. Outside of class, my boys have made the most wonderful friends from such wonderful families and we honestly couldn't be happier that we chose to keep our kids at Monte. We will stay for the Middle School as well, before heading off to Bishop Kelley for high school and are excited for what is still to come!
- Posted by Parent - Monte Mom
Monte Cassino has been the perfect fit for all 3 of my kids! My kids are all very different and for a school to accommodate all of their needs speaks volumes! From the ECLC to ES to the MS...they are all very welcoming, professional and nurturing. I now have a 9th grader at Cascia and he is extremely well prepared and thriving! I credit Monte for giving him that foundation to excel academically! Thank you, Monte Cassino! We couldn't imagine going anywhere else!
- Posted by Parent - 3 kids
I could not imagine having my children at any other place. I have had two kids go through Monte and a third one still here. When faced with relocating out of town, my one biggest gut-wrenching issue was leaving Monte Cassino. It is a very special place. High academics, challenging but fun extra-curriculars (like Science Explorers and Math Masters) but most of all the caring teachers and administrators. They really take care of the kids - academically, emotionally and socially. I can't imagine entrusting my child to any other place. It is truly the best educational value when compared to other schools in Tulsa. Go visit, you'll be glad you did. Best of luck in your school search.
- Posted by Parent - Lax mom
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.