Metro West Jewish Day School
5.00 (2 reviews)
Metro West Jewish Day School Photo #2 - Our students and teachers have access to state of the art technology to support learning in their classrooms.
Metro West Jewish Day School Photo #3 - We keep our classes intentionally small so that each student received the individualized attention they need to succeed academically. Our average class has 8 students.
- MetroWest Jewish Day School is a K-8 community Jewish day school that embraces pluralism.
- MWJDS fosters the personal growth of each child through a multi-faceted, nurturing, and dynamic 21st century approach to learning.
- Our student community actively engages in the comprehensive exploration of both secular and Jewish curricula, weaving together ancient texts and modern perspectives.
- MWJDS inspires our students to excel in the world as knowledgeable and responsible members of the diverse Jewish community.
Metro West Jewish Day School places among the top 20% of private schools in Massachusetts for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other religious school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||anxiety, mild to moderate learning disabilities, ADD/ADHD, dyslexia, dyscalculia|
|Total Students||54 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||3:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 15 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$21,000|
|Tuition Notes||Kindergarten $19,000 Grades 1-4 $21,000 Grades 5-8 $22,000|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Beth Null|
- MetroWest Jewish Day School is a K-8 community Jewish day school that embraces pluralism. MWJDS fosters the personal growth of each child through a multi-faceted, nurturing, and dynamic 21st century approach to learning. Our student community actively engages in the comprehensive exploration of both secular and Jewish curricula, weaving together ancient texts and modern perspectives. MWJDS inspires our students to excel in the world as knowledgeable and responsible members of the diverse Jewish community.
- Our students and their families represent a broad spectrum of Jewish observance, including humanistic, Reform, Conservative, and Modern Orthodox Jews. Our community also includes many interfaith families and many Jews-by-Choice.
- MWJDS believes that a warm, nurturing environment facilitates learning. To that end, MWJDS teachers and staff, in partnership with parents, strive to create an environment that truly supports and encourages our students. Several key factors contribute to MWJDS`s nurturing environment. We intentionally limit class sizes in order to allow teachers to really get to know their students and focus on their individual needs. Our pedagogical approach utilizes a multi-dimensional, integrated curriculum with project-based, experiential and blended learning modalities to engage our students` minds and bodies. Our leveled classes ensure academic challenge while preventing students from feeling overwhelmed. Taken together these approaches allow students to feel safe, engaged and poised for success, both inside and outside the classroom.
- MWJDS is committed to embracing diversity within the Jewish community. We welcome Jewish families regardless of race, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, or disability.
- Acknowledging that Judaism comprises a tapestry of religious observances, MWJDS actively embraces religious pluralism. Our community is home to families with varying Jewish identities, including the full spectrum of denominational Judaism (Reform through Orthodox), as well as unaffiliated, and humanistic Jews. We welcome interfaith and LGBTQ families.
- MWJDS is also committed to working with students with learning and/or behavioral challenges. Our education model is designed to accommodate students with a wide range of strengths and vulnerabilities. Our teachers are well versed in meeting the needs of all learners and take the time to provide differentiated instruction to our students so that they can all be successful. In addition to our classroom teachers, we have a talented Academic and Behavioral Support team consisting of a pediatric neuropsychologist, clinical psychologist, clinical social worker, and several special educators who work internally and with outside clinicians to provide for all the needs of our students.
- At MWJDS, our goal is to help our students develop into life-long learners and mentshin (honorable people). We want to inspire our students to make a difference in the world. In order to do so, students need a strong understanding of both themselves and the world around them. We encourage students to question assumptions and seek out their own answers. Our teachers also model these values. Throughout the day, our teachers demonstrate their own love of learning and their commitment to social values.
- As a community, we also focus on Tikkun Olam repairing the world. Students are actively engaged in improving our school and the communities around them. Student interests inspire many of our school-wide mitzvah projects. Past projects have included food & toy drives, collecting shoes for orphans in Haiti, buying a cow for Heifer International, Pennies for Patients benefiting the Leukemia Society, and the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge. MWJDS also has an ongoing relationship with the Lucy and Joe Press Food Pantry and Shillman House, a Jewish Community Housing for the Elderly senior living community.
I have been extremely happy with MWJDS. My daughter has really flourished at the school. She was instantly comfortable there and I have been amazed at how much she has learned and grown. She has become so self-confident and loves going every day, begging me not to pick her up right after school ends! The other kids and staff are incredibly welcoming to a new student and give kids individual attention and a love for learning.
- Posted by Parent - Annie
MWJDS is a truly fabulous school. I have two kids who go there, and they are supremely happy socially and academically. I feel so lucky to have found this school. The teachers, the head of school and the staff are all top- notch. In addition to offering a rigorous academic environment, the school also envelops the kids in its warm and nurturing embrace. Its small size ensures that each child receives a tremendous amount of attention -- no one gets lost in the shuffle. Students also have an opportunity to express themselves through art, music and sports. The school is an absolute gem.
- Posted by Parent - itauw
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.