Metro West Jewish Day School
Metro West Jewish Day School Photo #2 - Our students and teachers have access to state of the art technology to support learning in their classrooms.
Metro West Jewish Day School Photo #3 - We keep our classes intentionally small so that each student received the individualized attention they need to succeed academically. Our average class has 8 students.
MetroWest Jewish Day School is a K-8 community Jewish day school that embraces pluralism.
MWJDS fosters the personal growth of each child through a multi-faceted, nurturing, and dynamic 21st century approach to learning.
Our student community actively engages in the comprehensive exploration of both secular and Jewish curricula, weaving together ancient texts and modern perspectives.
MWJDS inspires our students to excel in the world as knowledgeable and responsible members of the diverse Jewish community.
- Top Ranked MA School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-8
- Students: 54 students
- Yearly Tuition: $21,000
- Average class size: 8 students
- Application Deadline: Feb. 15 / rolling
Metro West Jewish Day School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Massachusetts for:
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Learning Difference Programs
Learning Programs Supported
anxiety, mild to moderate learning disabilities, ADD/ADHD, dyslexia, dyscalculia
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 28%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Feb. 15 / rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
Kindergarten $19,000 Grades 1-4 $21,000 Grades 5-8 $22,000
% on Financial Aid
- MetroWest Jewish Day School is a K-8 community Jewish day school that embraces pluralism. MWJDS fosters the personal growth of each child through a multi-faceted, nurturing, and dynamic 21st century approach to learning. Our student community actively engages in the comprehensive exploration of both secular and Jewish curricula, weaving together ancient texts and modern perspectives. MWJDS inspires our students to excel in the world as knowledgeable and responsible members of the diverse Jewish community.
- Our students and their families represent a broad spectrum of Jewish observance, including humanistic, Reform, Conservative, and Modern Orthodox Jews. Our community also includes many interfaith families and many Jews-by-Choice.
- MWJDS believes that a warm, nurturing environment facilitates learning. To that end, MWJDS teachers and staff, in partnership with parents, strive to create an environment that truly supports and encourages our students. Several key factors contribute to MWJDS`s nurturing environment. We intentionally limit class sizes in order to allow teachers to really get to know their students and focus on their individual needs. Our pedagogical approach utilizes a multi-dimensional, integrated curriculum with project-based, experiential and blended learning modalities to engage our students` minds and bodies. Our leveled classes ensure academic challenge while preventing students from feeling overwhelmed. Taken together these approaches allow students to feel safe, engaged and poised for success, both inside and outside the classroom.
- MWJDS is committed to embracing diversity within the Jewish community. We welcome Jewish families regardless of race, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, or disability.
- Acknowledging that Judaism comprises a tapestry of religious observances, MWJDS actively embraces religious pluralism. Our community is home to families with varying Jewish identities, including the full spectrum of denominational Judaism (Reform through Orthodox), as well as unaffiliated, and humanistic Jews. We welcome interfaith and LGBTQ families.
- MWJDS is also committed to working with students with learning and/or behavioral challenges. Our education model is designed to accommodate students with a wide range of strengths and vulnerabilities. Our teachers are well versed in meeting the needs of all learners and take the time to provide differentiated instruction to our students so that they can all be successful. In addition to our classroom teachers, we have a talented Academic and Behavioral Support team consisting of a pediatric neuropsychologist, clinical psychologist, clinical social worker, and several special educators who work internally and with outside clinicians to provide for all the needs of our students.
- At MWJDS, our goal is to help our students develop into life-long learners and mentshin (honorable people). We want to inspire our students to make a difference in the world. In order to do so, students need a strong understanding of both themselves and the world around them. We encourage students to question assumptions and seek out their own answers. Our teachers also model these values. Throughout the day, our teachers demonstrate their own love of learning and their commitment to social values.
- As a community, we also focus on Tikkun Olam repairing the world. Students are actively engaged in improving our school and the communities around them. Student interests inspire many of our school-wide mitzvah projects. Past projects have included food & toy drives, collecting shoes for orphans in Haiti, buying a cow for Heifer International, Pennies for Patients benefiting the Leukemia Society, and the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge. MWJDS also has an ongoing relationship with the Lucy and Joe Press Food Pantry and Shillman House, a Jewish Community Housing for the Elderly senior living community.
We could not be happier with MetroWest Jewish Day School, now more than ever. Intentionally small classes, teachers who think outside the box, and a school community that's welcoming to all. Whether a child needs advanced work or additional support - or frequently both - the educational model helps them become their best selves and love learning. I feel so, so fortunate that my kids have had the chance to grow in this environment.
MWJDS is a warm and caring community that prides itself on its innovative curriculum and inspiring educators. The school functions like a family, everyone is cared for and nurtured according to their individual needs. Kids learn about their strengths as learners and get the appropriate supports to help them excel. If you want to instill your kiddos with a love of learning, this is school for you.
I have been extremely happy with MWJDS. My daughter has really flourished at the school. She was instantly comfortable there and I have been amazed at how much she has learned and grown. She has become so self-confident and loves going every day, begging me not to pick her up right after school ends! The other kids and staff are incredibly welcoming to a new student and give kids individual attention and a love for learning.
MWJDS is a truly fabulous school. I have two kids who go there, and they are supremely happy socially and academically. I feel so lucky to have found this school. The teachers, the head of school and the staff are all top- notch. In addition to offering a rigorous academic environment, the school also envelops the kids in its warm and nurturing embrace. Its small size ensures that each child receives a tremendous amount of attention -- no one gets lost in the shuffle. Students also have an opportunity to express themselves through art, music and sports. The school is an absolute gem.
Endorse Metro West Jewish Day School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Understanding Private School Tuition
We look at why tuition costs vary so widely from school to school.
Books About Private School
What's private school really like? Find out from people who have been there.
You Won't Find....
You won't find several things in private schools which you will find in public schools.