Metropolitan Junior Academy
Tel: (734) 420-4044
- Metropolitan SDA Junior Academy exists to nurture in our students a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and to educate them for a life of unselfish service.
- Metropolitan Junior Academy offers a first-through-tenth grade program. The school is committed to academic excellence and seeks to enrich its program with a variety of extracurricular offerings.
- We are Certified through the Student and Exchange Visitor Information Systen (SEVIS) and able to issue an I-20 for International students.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||General Conference of the Seventh Day Adventist Church (GCSDAC)|
|Religious Affiliation||Seventh Day Adventist|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-10|
|Total Students||44 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Plain polo shirts with the exception of one embroidered polo in red; khaki pants in khaki, navy or black)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,000|
|Tuition Notes||K-2 Tuition $3878.00, $125 to $175 for Registration; $200 Books & Materials; Grades 9 & 10 Tuition $4990.00; $125 to $175 for Registration; $75 Lab fees; Books & Materials $350.|
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Jill Simon, Principal|
|Admissions Associate||Kathi Ingleby|
|Total Sports Offered||1 sport|
- For Kindergarten students must turn 5 years old by September 1st of that year. Students transferring from a Home School environment will be tested for proper grade placement.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Birmingham Grades: 1-12 | 174 students
1755 E Melton Rd
Birmingham, MI 48009
(248) 642-1150 15.7 1-12
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.