- Eton Academy provides a structured, individualized academic curriculum for students in 1st through 12th grade who are of average and above average academic potential with diagnosed learning differences, including ADD, ADHD, and dyslexia.
- Accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools and by the Independent Schools Association of the Central States, Eton Academy also has earned the distinction of being named a National Exemplary School for its unique and comprehensive approach to education.
- Virtual Event - Tue., December 15, 2020 7:00pm (EST) - get more information!
- Virtual Event - Tue., January 12, 2021 12:00pm (EST) - get more information!
- Virtual Event - Tue., January 26, 2021 7:00pm (EST) - get more information!
- Virtual Event - Tue., February 09, 2021 12:00pm (EST) - get more information!
- Virtual Event - Tue., February 23, 2021 7:00pm (EST) - get more information!
- Virtual Event - Tue., March 09, 2021 12:00pm (EST) - get more information!
- Virtual Event - Tue., March 23, 2021 7:00pm (EDT) - get more information!
- Virtual Event - Tue., April 13, 2021 12:00pm (EDT) - get more information!
- Virtual Event - Tue., April 27, 2021 7:00pm (EDT) - get more information!
- Virtual Event - Tue., May 11, 2021 12:00pm (EDT) - get more information!
- ...read more
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Association of Independent Michigan Schools (AIMS)
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia, language-based learning differences, ADHD, visual or auditory processing challenges|
|Total Students||174 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||40 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||For our current tuition rates, please visit our website.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Sherrie L. Daniels|
|Total Sports Offered||11 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Bowling, Cross Country, Dance, Flag Football, Nordic Skiing, Snowboarding, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, VolleyballBasketball, Bowling,|
Cross Country, Dance,
Flag Football, Nordic Skiing,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||17 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Board Game Club, Chess Club, Community Volunteering, Current Events Club, Cursive Club, Lexia, National Honor Society, Student Leadership Council, Yearbook Club, Yoga Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Classes, Choir, Drama Club, Instrumental Music, Music Club
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Lower School Sports Clubs, Ski and Snowboard Club
- At Eton we believe a school is more than classrooms and lunchrooms, books and lockers. A school is more than a building held together by brick and mortar. At Eton, we believe a school is a foundation. A foundation for students to grow into the thinkers, the leaders, and the get-out-and-doers who keep our lives evolving and our world moving.
- At Eton Academy, we know that students who learn differently may find the structure of traditional schools almost impossible to manage. But at Eton, we don't believe in the impossible. We believe in looking at every student as an individual with extraordinary gifts and potential. We know that when educators understand the strength and beauty in students various differences, years of frustration can flourish into years of focus and success.
- Eton educators don't believe in the structure or rules of traditional schools. We believe that we can and should change any structure or rule that get in the way of a students ability to learn. At Eton, we use a research-based instructional program that we call the Eton Approach. Within the Eton Approach, students are empowered to use assistive technologies to help overcome obstacles in their learning. We believe that exceptional teaching is the key to student success; therefore, Eton teachers have trainers and coaches who facilitate ongoing teacher growth to ensure that every student receives exactly what he or she needs to be successful. We believe that everything we do in the classroom leads to success outside of it. Students don't just learn reading, writing, mathematics, art, music, physical education, science and history; they develop essential learning skills, social skills, and self-awareness techniques that help them branch out and thrive beyond the boundaries of the classroom.Above all, we believe in kindness.
- We know that students succeed best in an environment that is safe, nurturing, and free from judgement. Our compassionate, patient, never-say-never community of educators is dedicated to helping students overcome obstacles with constant encouragement.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Ann Arbor Grades: 5-12 | 59 students
111 East Mosley Street
Ann Arbor, MI 48104
(734) 747-6641 33.7 5-12
- Troy Grades: PK-K | 136 students
3305 Crooks Rd
Troy, MI 48084
(248) 649-6149 2.4 PK-K
- Birmingham Grades: 6-12 | 315 students
1051 Oakland Avenue
Birmingham, MI 48009
(248) 203-7300 1.3 6-12