Our Shepherd Lutheran School & Preschool
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (248) 645-0551
Our Shepherd Lutheran School & Preschool Photo #2 - We hold chapel every Wednesday morning in the gym.
Our Shepherd Lutheran School & Preschool Photo #3 - We have successful sports teams for students in 4th-8th grades.
- Our Shepherd Lutheran School is a Christian day school for boys and girls preschool through eighth grade.
- At Our Shepherd, we know that every child is a precious gift from God, and we strive to make a positive difference in the life of every student.
- With an emphasis on academic and spiritual development, or rigorous curriculum and ancillary studies encourage each child to grow their faith bu maximizing his or her own unique gifts and potential. Our Shepherd is a fully accedited exemplary Christian school.
Our Shepherd Lutheran School & Preschool places among the top 20% of private schools in Michigan for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Lutheran Schools Accreditation|
|Religious Affiliation||Lutheran Church Missouri Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences, Speech therapy|
|Total Students||216 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||22:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||19 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,550|
|Admissions Director||Missy Macavage|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Soccer, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Arts and Music Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- WHY CHOOSE OUR SHEPHERD LUTHERAN SCHOOL Our students come from a variety of backgrounds-all with a common goal. What sets Lutheran school children apart from those in public schools is an interest in building their faith through religious instruction. Grade school students learn from the positive example of their Lutheran classroom teachers and are taught to do the right thing by overcoming their imperfections. Lutheran grade schools have behavior concerns just like every other school, only we approach these issues from a philosophy based on scripture and Christ`s teachings. Not only does this instill high self-expectations among our students, but it also teaches that forgiveness is the key to building great relationships.Student safety is paramount. We take very seriously the responsibility that is extended to us when a family enrolls his or her child in one of our schools. We work very hard to make sure student safety is planned, discussed, and practiced. All school employees must pass the criminal background check through the State of Michigan. Our school has a security system that involves cameras throughout the school and buzzers at the main entrance. All other doors are locked, and students are instructed not to open them.Small class sizes build a family atmosphere. We offer small class sizes that help us build a "family" atmosphere. It`s not unusual for teachers, staff, and students to know every other student in the school. The environment is small enough that children do not get lost in the shuffle. The manageable class sizes also help promote regular "one on one" time with students and teachers.Lutheran schools are an investment in a child`s future career and in their eternity. A quality academic education is an investment in preparing your child for high school and beyond, but when the academic education is enriched with faith-based learning, an investment is made in their eternal life. There is great value in placing your child in an environment where God`s Word offers direction.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Royal Oak Grades: PK-6 | 609 students
1621 Linwood Ave
Royal Oak, MI 48067
(248) 541-4622 3 PK-6
- Birmingham Grades: PK-8 | 298 students
680 Harmon St
Birmingham, MI 48009
(248) 644-2722 1.4 PK-8
- Bloomfield Hills Grades: NS-12 | 450 students
1250 Kensington Rd
Bloomfield Hills, MI 48304
(248) 646-8900 3.1 NS-12
- Bloomfield Hills Grades: PK-8 | 569 students
380 E Hickory Grove Rd
Bloomfield Hills, MI 48304
(248) 642-6131 4.7 PK-8
Our Shepherd has given me an amazing foundation for High School and even college, and I couldn't be more grateful. The Hot Lunch program is phenomenal, teachers are all extremely helpful and supportive, and the different grades all have tight bonds. I can speak from experience: Our Shepherd is a wonderful school! Our community here is strong, but don't think you would be an outcast! Everyone and anyone who attends Our Shepherd will receive a stellar education, a great and welcoming community, and a wonderful religion course!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Student
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.