- Our Shepherd Lutheran School is a Christian day school for boys and girls preschool through eighth grade.
- At Our Shepherd, we know that every child is a precious gift from God, and we strive to make a positive difference in the life of every student.
- With an emphasis on academic and spiritual development, or rigorous curriculum and ancillary studies encourage each child to grow their faith bu maximizing his or her own unique gifts and potential. Our Shepherd is a fully accedited exemplary Christian school.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||State or regional independent school association
National Lutheran Schools Accreditation
|Religious Affiliation||Lutheran Church Missouri Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences, Speech therapy|
|Total Students||258 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Laurie Dopke|
- WHY CHOOSE OUR SHEPHERD LUTHERAN SCHOOL? Our students come from a variety of backgrounds…all with a common goal. What sets Lutheran school children apart from those in public schools is an interest in building their faith through religious instruction. Grade school students learn from the positive example of their Lutheran classroom teachers and are taught to do the right thing by overcoming their imperfections. Lutheran grade schools have behavior concerns just like every other school, only we approach these issues from a philosophy based on scripture and Christ’s teachings. Not only does this instill high self-expectations among our students, but it also teaches that forgiveness is the key to building great relationships.Student safety is paramount. We take very seriously the responsibility that is extended to us when a family enrolls his or her child in one of our schools. We work very hard to make sure student safety is planned, discussed, and practiced. All school employees must pass the criminal background check through the State of Michigan. Our school has a security system that involves cameras throughout the school and buzzers at the main entrance. All other doors are locked, and students are instructed not to open them.Small class sizes build a family atmosphere. We offer small class sizes that help us build a “family” atmosphere. It’s not unusual for teachers, staff, and students to know every other student in the school. The environment is small enough that children do not get lost in the shuffle. The manageable class sizes also help promote regular “one on one” time with students and teachers.Lutheran schools are an investment in a child’s future career and in their eternity. A quality academic education is an investment in preparing your child for high school and beyond, but when the academic education is enriched with faith-based learning, an investment is made in their eternal life. There is great value in placing your child in an environment where God’s Word offers direction.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
BirminghamGrades: K-9 | 370 students
680 Harmon St
Birmingham, MI 48009
Royal OakGrades: PK-6 | 535 students
1621 Linwood Ave
Royal Oak, MI 48067
Dearborn HeightsGrades: NS-8
6466 N Evangeline St
Dearborn Heights, MI 48127
Bloomfield HillsGrades: PK-12 | 1661 students
Po Box 801
Bloomfield Hills, MI 48303
Royal OakGrades: PK-8 | 323 students
628 S Lafayette Ave
Royal Oak, MI 48067
Nearby Homes for Sale
May 15, 2017
Many famous children have attended private schools. Here is a sampling of schools and the famous folk who graced their hallowed halls.
May 11, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.
May 11, 2017
Learn more about the Private School Review "Ultimate Admissions Checklist," with top-flight tips from leading minds in education.