Academy Of The Sacred Heart
Academy Of The Sacred Heart Photo #2 - Upper School students experience the Grand Canyon as part of Project Term.
Academy Of The Sacred Heart Photo #3 - Head of School Sr. Bridget Bearss leads graduating seniors through the grounds as fellow students wish them well and congratulate them on their accomplishments.
Academy Of The Sacred Heart Photo #4 - Kensington Hall (middle school for boys, grades 5-8) graduates celebrate their achievements.
- The Academy of the Sacred Heart was founded in 1851 and is Michigan`s oldest independent school.
- It is a Catholic, college-preparatory school for girls (infant-Grade 12) and boys (infant-Grade 8) of many cultures and faiths.
- The Academy is a member of the Network of Sacred Heart Schools, which includes 24 schools in the U.S.-Canada and affiliation with the Society of the Sacred Heart in 41 countries around the world.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other religious school association(s)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Independent Schools Association of the Central States (ISACS)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||450 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 15%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||48 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Number of AP Courses||3 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Calculus, AP Literature and Composition, AP U.S. History|
|Average ACT score||27|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Uniform requirements vary by division)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies by division. Tuition assistance is available.|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Rose Hacker|
|Admissions Associate||Sue Spangler|
|Total Sports Offered||14 sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Basketball, Bowling, Cross Country, Dance, Field Hockey, Figure Skating, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, VolleyballAlpine Skiing, Basketball,|
Bowling, Cross Country,
Dance, Field Hockey,
Figure Skating, Golf,
Ice Hockey, Lacrosse,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Arts and Music Programs:
Eleventh Hour Theatre Company, Performing Arts Academy / HEART Enrichment
- The Academy of the Sacred Heart is a learning community of exceptional difference that develops creative leaders of intellect, soul and character. Our unparalleled educational community spans 24 locations throughout the U.S. and Canada and 41 countries around the world.
- Rooted in more than 160 years of experience, young women and men educated at the Academy of the Sacred Heart are guided to first-tier colleges and universities of their choice and ultimately become leaders in corporations, communities, families and service-based organizations. We begin with infants and graduate leaders.
- Small by design and consistent with the mission expressed through the Goals and Criteria of Sacred Heart education, we focus on each child`s God-given talents and stretch self-discovery and excellence through classical studies and experiential educational opportunities. Our graduates stand out for their self-understanding, confidence, personal commitment to a life of integrity and service, and strong, active faith in God.
- The Sacred Heart experience changes the world, one child at a time. We are an exceptional community of choice for those families who are looking for the unique blend of education, faith and preparation for the future that is the Sacred Heart difference.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Pontiac Grades: NS-12 | 1053 students
1300 Giddings Road
Pontiac, MI 48340
(248)373-5300 6.6 NS-12
- Royal Oak Grades: PK-6 | 524 students
1621 Linwood Ave
Royal Oak, MI 48067
(248)541-4622 6 PK-6
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.
Ever wish you could pick the brain of A+ students? Well, we did it for you — we spoke with dozens of students and educators to find out their secrets for success.