Academy Of The Sacred Heart
The school community gathers in the chapel to celebrate 165 years of Sacred Heart education in metro Detroit.
- The Academy of the Sacred Heart was founded in 1851 and is Michigan`s oldest independent school.
- It is a Catholic, college-preparatory school for girls (infant-Grade 12) and boys (infant-Grade 8) of many cultures and faiths.
- The Academy is a member of the Network of Sacred Heart Schools, which includes 24 schools in the U.S.-Canada and affiliation with the Society of the Sacred Heart in 41 countries around the world.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other religious school association(s)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Independent Schools Association of the Central States
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||441 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 17%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||61 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Number of AP Courses||4 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Average ACT score||25|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Uniform requirements vary by division)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies by division. Tuition assistance is available.|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Kris Sanders|
|Admissions Associate||Kay Mayer|
|Total Sports Offered||14 sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Basketball, Bowling, Cross Country, Dance, Field Hockey, Figure Skating, Golf, Gymnastics, Lacrosse, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, VolleyballAlpine Skiing, Basketball,|
Bowling, Cross Country,
Dance, Field Hockey,
Figure Skating, Golf,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Arts and Music Programs:
Eleventh Hour Theatre Company, Performing Arts Academy / HEART Enrichment
- The Academy of the Sacred Heart is a learning community of exceptional difference that develops creative leaders of intellect, soul and character. Our unparalleled educational community spans 24 locations throughout the U.S. and Canada and 41 countries around the world.
- Rooted in more than 160 years of experience, young women and men educated at the Academy of the Sacred Heart are guided to first-tier colleges and universities of their choice and ultimately become leaders in corporations, communities, families and service-based organizations. We begin with infants and graduate leaders.
- Small by design and consistent with the mission expressed through the Goals and Criteria of Sacred Heart education, we focus on each child`s God-given talents and stretch self-discovery and excellence through classical studies and experiential educational opportunities. Our graduates stand out for their self-understanding, confidence, personal commitment to a life of integrity and service, and strong, active faith in God.
- The Sacred Heart experience changes the world, one child at a time. We are an exceptional community of choice for those families who are looking for the unique blend of education, faith and preparation for the future that is the Sacred Heart difference.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bloomfield HillsGrades: PK-12 | 1661 students
Po Box 801
Bloomfield Hills, MI 48303
- Royal OakGrades: PK-6 | 535 students
1621 Linwood Ave
Royal Oak, MI 48067
- FranklinGrades: PK-12 | 1522 students
22305 W Thirteen Mile Road
Franklin, MI 48025
- Bloomfield HillsGrades: PK-12 | 551 students
41190 Woodward Avenue
Bloomfield Hills, MI 48304
- BirminghamGrades: K-9 | 370 students
680 Harmon St
Birmingham, MI 48009
March 01, 2018
Shootings, terrorist attacks, tornadoes, floods, earthquakes, fire, and more are sadly commonplace happenings in the 21st-century. How prepared for the unthinkable is your school?
February 21, 2018
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
February 19, 2018
Think of the school search process as a series of checkpoints, each of which has a due date. We show you when to do the various items in the search process.