Marian High School
- Marian is a Catholic college preparatory school for young women,sponsored by the Sisters, Servants of the Immaculate Heart of Mary.
- The mission of Marian High School is to ensure, within a Christian environment, an excellent education built on a strong academic curriculum, which will enable young women to value human diversity and live responsible lives of leadership and action based on gospel values.
- For over 50 years, members of our faculty and staff have committed themselves to creating an environment marked by academic excellence and Christian community.
- We want each of our students to be successful and happy in her academic and co-curricular endeavors.
- Our experience proves that our challenging program, including an extensive offering of Honors and AP courses, leads to acceptance at colleges and universities of choice.
- Our focus on the development of the total person results in young women who are prepared for all that life has to offer.
- The student body represents a diverse population, each bringing her individual talents to school, each student enriching the others.
- Marian High School is a place to grow intellectually, spiritually, socially, emotionally, and physically.
- We invite you to join us and experience all that Marian has to offer.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||509 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 15%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||40 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Number of AP Courses||16 courses|
|Advanced Courses||Biology, Calculus - AB, Calculus - BC, Chemistry, English Language and Composition, English Literature and Composition, European History, Government and Politics, Physics 1, Physics 2, Spanish, Statistics, Studio Art: 2-D Design, Studio Art: 3-D Design, Studio Art: Drawing, US History,|
|Average SAT score||1350|
|Average ACT score||25|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Uniforms set an atmosphere and tone for education. Marian’s uniform regulations are intended to promote self-respect in the area of dress and personal grooming, as well as respect for others.)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 1 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$12,425|
|Tuition Notes||Plus, a $200 registration fee and $325 general fee, which covers the student yearbook and newspaper, Guidance Department materials, and Library Media Center services, as well as membership in the Mothers’ Club and Dads’ Club.|
|Admissions Director||Tina Malloy Pedersen, '96|
|Total Sports Offered||17 sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Basketball, Bowling, Cross Country, Dance, Diving, Equestrian, Field Hockey, Figure Skating, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballAlpine Skiing, Basketball,|
Bowling, Cross Country,
Equestrian, Field Hockey,
Figure Skating, Golf,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||30 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
All School Board, Ambassador Club, Business Entrepreneurship Alliance at Marian & Rice, Class Governing Boards, Culture Society, Forensic Science Team, French Honor Society, Friends of the Earth, German Honor Society, Honor Code Committee, International Samaritan, Junior Mentor Program, LIFE - Life Is For Everyone, Medical Club, Mock Trial Club, Model United Nations, National Honor Society, Pastoral Team, Project Care, Robotics, SADD (Students Against Destructive Decisions), Spanish Honor Society
Arts and Music Programs:
Fall Play - presented by the Marian-Rice Players, International Thespian Society, Liturgical Choir, Marian Melodies, Spring Musical - presented by the Marian-Rice Players
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Basketball, Bowling, Volleyball
- We look forward to having you visit us soon to personally engage in the Marian experience. For additional information or to schedule a tour or shadow visit, please contact the Office of Admission at (248) 644-1946 or firstname.lastname@example.org.The admission process at Marian includes several components: application, standardized test scores, and past performance.
- The Admission Committee members focus on the prospective student`s potential for academic success during the entire four years of her Marian experience as they review her application, test scores, and grades. Marian High School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, or national or ethnic origin in the administration of its admission policies, educational policies, tuition assistance, or any school-administered program.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Farmington Grades: 9-12 | 738 students
29300 W 11 Mile Rd
Farmington, MI 48336
(248)476-8020 5 9-12
- Bloomfield Hills Grades: NS-12 | 441 students
1250 Kensington Rd
Bloomfield Hills, MI 48304
(248)646-8900 3.6 NS-12
- Clinton Township Grades: PK-8 | 304 students
20762 S Nunneley Road
Clinton Township, MI 48035
(586)791-2170 18.2 PK-8
- Bloomfield Hills Grades: PK-12 | 1661 students
Po Box 801
Bloomfield Hills, MI 48303
(248)645-3000 3.5 PK-12
- Bloomfield Hills Grades: PK-12 | 551 students
41190 Woodward Avenue
Bloomfield Hills, MI 48304
(248)203-7300 4.1 PK-12
August 14, 2018
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
August 14, 2018
Your religion matters to you. You want your child to attend a school which will combine academics and religious education. Here is an overview of what is available together with some links to denominational web sites.
July 24, 2018
We identify changes in The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 which impact not-for-profit private schools.