- Marian is a Catholic college preparatory school for young women,sponsored by the Sisters, Servants of the Immaculate Heart of Mary.
- The mission of Marian High School is to ensure, within a Christian environment, an excellent education built on a strong academic curriculum, which will enable young women to value human diversity and live responsible lives of leadership and action based on gospel values.
- For over 50 years, members of our faculty and staff have committed themselves to creating an environment marked by academic excellence and Christian community.
- We want each of our students to be successful and happy in her academic and co-curricular endeavors.
- Our experience proves that our challenging program, including an extensive offering of Honors and AP courses, leads to acceptance at colleges and universities of choice.
- Our focus on the development of the total person results in young women who are prepared for all that life has to offer.
- The student body represents a diverse population, each bringing her individual talents to school, each student enriching the others.
- Marian High School is a place to grow intellectually, spiritually, socially, emotionally, and physically.
- We invite you to join us and experience all that Marian has to offer.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||509 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||40 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Number of AP Courses||16 courses|
|Advanced Courses||Biology, Calculus - AB, Calculus - BC, Chemistry, English Language and Composition, English Literature and Composition, European History, Government and Politics, Physics 1, Physics 2, Spanish, Statistics, Studio Art: 2-D Design, Studio Art: 3-D Design, Studio Art: Drawing, US History,|
|Average SAT score||1350|
|Average ACT score||25|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(Uniforms set an atmosphere and tone for education. Marian’s uniform regulations are intended to promote self-respect in the area of dress and personal grooming, as well as respect for others.)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 1 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$12,425|
|Tuition Notes||Plus, a $200 registration fee and $325 general fee, which covers the student yearbook and newspaper, Guidance Department materials, and Library Media Center services, as well as membership in the Mothers’ Club and Dads’ Club.|
|Admissions Director||Tina Malloy Pedersen, '96|
|Total Sports Offered||17 sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Basketball, Bowling, Cross Country, Dance, Diving, Equestrian, Field Hockey, Figure Skating, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballAlpine Skiing, Basketball,
Bowling, Cross Country,
Equestrian, Field Hockey,
Figure Skating, Golf,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||30 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||All School Board, Ambassador Club, Basketball, Bowling, Business Entrepreneurship Alliance at Marian & Rice, Class Governing Boards, Culture Society, Fall Play - presented by the Marian-Rice Players, Forensic Science Team, French Honor Society, Friends of the Earth, German Honor Society, Honor Code Committee, International Samaritan, International Thespian Society, Junior Mentor Program, LIFE - Life Is For Everyone, Liturgical Choir, Marian Melodies, Medical Club, Mock Trial Club, Model United Nations, National Honor Society, Pastoral Team, Project Care, Robotics, SADD (Students Against Destructive Decisions), Spanish Honor Society, Spring Musical - presented by the Marian-Rice Players, Volleyball Basketball, Bowling, Medical Club, Pastoral Team, Project Care, Robotics, Volleyball, All School Board,
Business Entrepreneurship Alliance at Marian & Rice,
Class Governing Boards,
Fall Play - presented by the Marian-Rice Players,
Forensic Science Team,
French Honor Society,
Friends of the Earth,
German Honor Society,
Honor Code Committee,
International Thespian Society,
Junior Mentor Program,
LIFE - Life Is For Everyone,
Mock Trial Club,
Model United Nations,
National Honor Society,
SADD (Students Against Destructive Decisions),
Spanish Honor Society,
Spring Musical - presented by the Marian-Rice Players,
- We look forward to having you visit us soon to personally engage in the Marian experience. For additional information or to schedule a tour or shadow visit, please contact the Office of Admission at (248) 644-1946 or firstname.lastname@example.org.The admission process at Marian includes several components: application, standardized test scores, and past performance.
- The Admission Committee members focus on the prospective student`s potential for academic success during the entire four years of her Marian experience as they review her application, test scores, and grades. Marian High School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, or national or ethnic origin in the administration of its admission policies, educational policies, tuition assistance, or any school-administered program.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Farmington HillsGrades: 9-12 | 738 students
29300 W 11 Mile Rd
Farmington Hills, MI 48336
Bloomfield HillsGrades: PK-12 | 462 students
1250 Kensington Rd
Bloomfield Hills, MI 48304
Auburn HillsGrades: NS-12 | 528 students
3075 Shimmons Road
Auburn Hills, MI 48326
WarrenGrades: 9-12 | 463 students
13900 Masonic Blvd
Warren, MI 48088
Bloomfield HillsGrades: 9-12 | 669 students
7101 Lahser Rd
Bloomfield Hills, MI 48301
May 25, 2017
The admissions essay is an important part of your child's admissions profile. Noodle Pros essay expert Kate Fisher offers some valuable tips about writing the admissions essay.
May 25, 2017
When you apply for a position at a private school, you need to use a slightly different approach than you would use if you were applying for a sales job somewhere.
May 25, 2017
Myths, urban legends and just plain misinformation abound concerning private schools. We shed some light on the facts you may not have known.