Mercy High School
- Mercy High School, a Catholic college preparatory school immersed in the tradition of the Sisters of Mercy, educates and inspires young women of diverse backgrounds to lead and serve with compassion.
- The Mercy tradition began in 1945 when the Sisters of Mercy opened Our Lady of Mercy High School at Outer Drive and Southfield Roads in Detroit.
- In 1965, Mercy High School moved to a larger facility at the northeast corner of 11 Mile and Middlebelt Roads in Farmington Hills.
- Throughout its 72 years as an exemplary high school, over 15,000 students have graduated from Mercy.
- The student body is made up of young women from over 70 metropolitan Detroit communities.
- This broad, inclusive base provides Mercy with a rich, multi-ethnic constituency from diverse, socio-economic backgrounds.
- The common thread among staff, students and parents is a commitment to academic excellence, cultural diversity and the integration of Mercy Values into daily life.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||738 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 15%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||75 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||25 students|
|Number of AP Courses||11 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||World History, American History, American Government and Politics, English Literature and Composition, Calculus AB, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, French, Spanish, Latin|
|Average ACT score||25|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$12,285|
|Admissions Director||Office of Admissions|
|Total Sports Offered||18 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Bowling, Cross Country, Dance, Diving, Equestrian, Field Hockey, Figure Skating, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Nordic Skiing, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Bowling,|
Cross Country, Dance,
Field Hockey, Figure Skating,
Golf, Ice Hockey,
Lacrosse, Nordic Skiing,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||33 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Book Club, Business Professionals of America, Dead Poets Society, Fashion Club, Forensics, French Club and French Honor Society, Genes in Diseases and Symptoms, GREEN Club, High Schoolers Without Boundaries, Human Relations Council, iWizards, Junior Classical League, Just Peace Club, Lore Yearbook, Mercy Works, Mock Trial, Model United Nations, National Honor Society, Newsprint, Pastoral Ministry Team, Photography Club, Pro-Life Club, Quiz Bowl, Robotics, Science Club and Science Olympiad, Spanish Honor Society, Student Government
Arts and Music Programs:
Fall Play and Spring Musical, International Thespian Society, Mercy Mimes, Mercyaires, Spirit Choir, Tri-M Music Honor Society
- For more information about being a Mercy girl, please visit mhsmi.org/admissions.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bloomfield Hills Grades: 9-12 | 509 students
7225 Lahser Road
Bloomfield Hills, MI 48301
(248)644-1946 5 9-12
- Pontiac Grades: PK-12 | 1053 students
1300 Giddings Road
Pontiac, MI 48340
(248)373-5300 13.3 PK-12
- Rochester Grades: PK-12 | 293 students
3300 S Livernois Rd
Rochester, MI 48307
(248)852-0585 13.7 PK-12
- West Bloomfield Grades: 9-12 | 523 students
3535 Indian Trl
West Bloomfield, MI 48324
(248)683-0530 7.6 9-12
Test your knowledge of private school facts and trivia with these twenty-one questions and answers.
As you research schools, check the national and state associations. Is the school you are considering a member? If not, why not?
If you have a child who sings, you might want to consider a choir school. In the United States, most of these schools are day schools.