St. Thecla School
Tel: (586) 791-2170
The vision of St. Thecla Catholic School is to form faithful disciples of Christ through the commitment to develop lifelong, independent learners and leaders through a rigorous curriculum anchored in our Catholic faith.Our Mission StatementWe, the community of St. Thecla Catholic School, dedicate ourselves to serving God through our growth in faith, education, and love for one another as members of God`s family.Our PhilosophySt. Thecla Catholic School is a Christ-centered school that is focused on bringing together our parish, school, and community.
We are committed to:Developing and directing the growth of the whole person centered in Jesus Christ through religious culture and faith.Respecting and valuing the uniqueness of each individual.Working together with parents to nurture their children`s faith and academic skills.Growing as a community that teaches and fosters tolerance, respect, and compassion for others.Serving as a constant reminder that we live in the world, but we are not of the world.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in n/a|
|Total Students||320 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||25:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Debbie Maloney|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Childrens Choir, Forensics, National Junior Honor Society, Science Olympiad, Social Studies Olympiad, Student Government|
- St. Thecla Catholic School (Pre-School through 8th grade) is part of the Saint Thecla Parish. We believe ourselves to be a living, growing school community of faith. To this end, we commit ourselves to enriching the seed of faith in our youth through God's word, the Sacraments, and catechesis; providing educational opportunities for our youth, to develop positive self-images, academic achievement, and personal growth by active participation in the learning process; and, caring for and accepting one another by developing an attitude of behavior in an atmosphere of respect and Christian charity.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Clinton Township Grades: K-12 | 177 students
23130 N Remick Dr
Clinton Township, MI 48036
(586) 783-9630 1.4 K-12
- Bloomfield Hills Grades: 9-12
7225 Lahser Road
Bloomfield Hills, MI 48301
(248) 502-3033 18.2 9-12
- Fraser Grades: PK-8 | 251 students
16339 E 14 Mile Rd
Fraser, MI 48026
(586) 294-8740 3.1 PK-8
- Mount Clemens Grades: PK-5 | 240 students
1070 Hampton Road
Mount Clemens, MI 48043
(586) 465-5545 1.5 PK-5
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
Each state sets its own teacher certification requirements. While many private schools do not require you to be certified, it is in your best interests to obtain certification. This article includes contact information for state education offices so you can begin the process.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.