St. Mary Catholic School
- When you think of Catholic Schools in Macomb County, St. Mary Catholic School in Mt. Clemens automatically comes to mind. In 1871, St. Peter Parish, along with the Sisters of the Immacuate Heart of Mary, established St. Mary Catholic School. St. Mary School has been a pillar of Macomb County, due to our long-standing commitment to the community and our continued commitment to an academically-sound, faith-filled education for Preschool through 8th Grade students. St. Mary's student population comes not only from Mt. Clemens, but the vast majority of our student population comes from as far north as Romeo, as far east as St. Clair, to our neighboring township communities of Washington, Macomb, Chesterfield, Harrison, and Clinton.
St. Mary Catholic School places among the top 20% of private schools in Michigan for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- Student Body Largest student body
- Sports offered Most sports offered
- Extracurriculars Most extracurriculars offered
- School History Oldest founding date
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Education Association|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Learning Disabilities, ADD/ADHD|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||Summer Camp - payment is an hourly rate, family rate offered, payment is based on days you attend.|
|Total Students||433 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 15%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||27 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||19 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,200|
|Tuition Notes||Family fate for Full-day Preschool - 8th grade students. Family discount rate offered More than 3 children, 4th or more are free. 3 hr. - 1/2 day 3 & 4 year-old Preschool Program's tuition starts at $1300.00 a year.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,100|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Maureen Miscavish|
|Admissions Associate||Jason Kowalski|
|Total Sports Offered||11 sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Golf, Indoor Soccer, Lacrosse, Snowboarding, Soccer, Softball, VolleyballAlpine Skiing, Baseball,|
Golf, Indoor Soccer,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||19 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Altar Servers, Book Club, Chess Club, Ecology Club, Forensics Team, Lego Club, National Junior Honor Society, Newspaper Club, Safety Squad, Science Forsenics, Social Studies Olympiad, Spanish Club, Stem Club, Student Council, Tutoring
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Club, Band Program, Childrens Choir
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- St. Mary Catholic School is accredited through The Michigan Associations of Non-Public School (MANS). We are currently aligning our curriculum with the Catholic Common Core Standards - soon to be adopted throughout the Archdiocese of Detroit.Our Early Childhood Program has been developed to educate the whole child.
- The St. Mary Preschool and Kindergarten programs introduce a wide variety of learning opportunities that promote a high-quality educational experience in the areas of creativity, social, emotional, physical, and cognitive development. We offer full and half day Preschool and Kindergarten to accommodate the needs of our youngest learners and their families.
- Students and faculty use a variety of technological tools including Smart boards, desktop and laptop computers, ELMO document cameras and mp3 technology. Guided Reading instruction is incorporated into all K-5 classrooms. A full-time learning specialist helps offer every student the opportunity to excel in mathematics and reading.
- Our religious education program includes weekly Masses for students in Grades 1-8 at our home parish, St. Peter Church. Additionally, all students in Grades 1-8 attend Mass in our school gym each week, with kindergarten students joining for worship in the spring.
- The decision to offer your child a St. Mary education is an investment in the future. Many St. Mary graduates advance to some of the most prestigious Catholic High Schools in Metro Detroit, including De La Salle Collegiate, Regina High School, University of Detroit Jesuit High School Academy and Cardinal Mooney Catholic High School. There our students go on to excel in advanced placement and honors courses and graduate with honors.
- St. Mary School offers competitive tuition rates (with other private schools in Macomb County) without extra fees or fundraisers. Tuition assistance is available through the Archdiocese of Detroit. Additional assistance is available for members of the St. Peter Parish family.
- We invite you to learn more about St. Mary School via a visit to our campus. Please call Maureen Miscavish, St. Mary Principal, at 586.468.4570 to schedule an appointment. We look forward to meeting you.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Clinton Township Grades: PK-8 | 153 students
Clinton Township, MI 48036
(586)468-8511 1.2 PK-8
- Fair Haven Grades: PK-8 | 171 students
7043 Church Rd
Fair Haven, MI 48023
(586)725-0078 11.7 PK-8
Every private school parent is encouraged to help the school in whatever way he can. Here are some things you can do to make a contribution to your school.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.