Schoolhouse Montessori Academy
Tel: (248) 649-6149
- The Montessori Way refers to a method of instruction that involves learning how to observe and how to develop learning environments in which teachers challenge each child to extend fully his or her unique style of learning.
- As Schoolhouse Montessori Academy expands its upper elementary program, the Montessori approach remains our foundation.
- Students are independent learners, exploring areas of interest as well as traditional topics of study.
- Students use Montessori materials, with textbooks to supplement their learning.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||136 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Paul Dwyer|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Troy Grades: PK-5 | 186 students
3950 Livernois Rd
Troy, MI 48083
(248) 689-9565 1.3 PK-5
- Birmingham Grades: 1-12 | 174 students
1755 E Melton Rd
Birmingham, MI 48009
(248) 642-1150 2.4 1-12
- Troy Grades: K-8 | 17 students
2777 Crooks Rd
Troy, MI 48084
(248) 649-3122 0.3 K-8
- Detroit Grades: PK-K | 36 students
4351 Marseilles St
Detroit, MI 48224
(313) 881-2255 16.8 PK-K
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.