Missouri Military Academy
- Missouri Military Academy helps young men in grades 6-12 realize their potential via a structured program that emphasizes academics, leadership, character development and physical health.
- One hundred percent of MMA graduates are accepted into at least one college, earning an average $48,000 in college scholarships (per cadet).
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Military Colleges and Schools|
National Independent Private Schools Association
The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS)
Independent Schools Association of the Central States
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Total Students||231 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 19%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||38 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Number of AP Courses||9 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP American History, AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP Economics, AP English Composition, AP English Literature, AP Honors Physics, AP Spanish IV, AP Statistics|
|Average SAT score||1100|
|Average ACT score||23|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 1 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$34,700|
|Tuition Notes||Day student tuition is $9100|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$8,500|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||David Adams|
|Admissions Associate||Gary Stewart '72|
|Total Sports Offered||14 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Drill Team, Fencing, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Marksmanship, Rugby, Soccer, Tennis, Track and Field, Weightlifting, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Drill Team, Fencing,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||27 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Boy Scouts, Cadet Council, Chess Club, Chorus, Color Gaurd, Delta Phi (Honor Society), Drill Team, Drum and Bugle Corp, Flag Football, Intramural Basketball, Intramural Soccer, Intramural Sports Sampler, Intramural Swimming, Intramural Tennis, Literary Magazine, M Club (Letterman's Club), Marching Band, Military History Club, Military Police, Military Skills (Raider), National Honor Society, Newspaper, Rifle Marksmenship, Saber Club, Weights and Conditioning Training, WWII Re-enactment Club (Railsplitters), Yearbook|
- Located in scenic central Missouri, MMA’s 288-acre campus is an ideal setting for a unique boarding school experience. New students join a diverse Corps of Cadets, which has accepted young men from all 50 states and more than 20 foreign nations. With classes, athletics and after school organizations designed for boys of every interest and skill level, there is a place for you at MMA. MMA features:
- Classes to benefit students of every skill level, from a learning resource center to Advanced Placement and dual-credit college courses.
- A dedicated College Placement Officer who guides cadets through the college application and selection process.
- A nationally recognized JROTC program, honored 30 times over with the US Army's highest distinction.
- Exceptional facilities, including a new state of the art academic building.
- 10 varsity sports and a wide array of intramurals, featuring some of the finest athletic facilities in the Midwest.
- An internationally diverse student body.
- Extensive recreational and extracurricular programs and facilities, from music, chorus, and drama to military-style competitions and flight training.
- On-site paintball course for use by cadets.
- Constantly updated computer labs and Internet access in cadet rooms.
- Comfortable, secure dormitories, complete with recreation areas.
- School accreditations: ISACS, NCA, ISSL, TABS, National Honor Society
- Sample of notable school alumni/alumnae:
- Mr. Dale Dye, 1962 - Author, Actor and Military advisor to many Hollywood movies
- Judge William Berry, 1930 - Chief Justice of the Oklahoma Supreme Court
- Dr. Lloyd Worner, 1936 - Former President of Colorado College
- LT. General Jack Fuson, 1939 - Deputy Chief of Staff, US Army
- Mr. Cody Fowler, 1908 - Former President of the American Bar Association
- General Clifton Cates, 1910 - 19th Commandant of the US Marine Corp
- Mr. Joaquin Dabdoub, 1981 - Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary to Japan
- Bridgadier General Carl Tegtmeier, 1962 - Former Deputy Commanding General, 102nd Army Reserve Command
- Howard Hughes I - Father of businessman Howard Hughes, founder of family corporation
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- CentraliaGrades: 9-12 | 133 students
6818 Audrain Road 9139
Centralia, MO 65240
- ColumbiaGrades: K-9 | 624 students
817 Bernadette Dr
Columbia, MO 65203